lost file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost file

I have a file, pdf, in My documents, and it is not showing up in ftp. All the other files are there though. It is the strangest thing. Is there an explanation for this? How can I get this pdf file to show up in ftp? I need to upload it. (please don't delete this message) Thank you
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: lost file

Originally posted by scubadiver
    I have a file, pdf, in My documents, and it is not showing up in ftp. All the other files are there though. It is the strangest thing. Is there an explanation for this? How can I get this pdf file to show up in ftp? I need to upload it. (please don't delete this message) Thank you

Maybe it's in a sub folder rather than in the My Documents root folder. There is no reason why it wouldn't show up when you browse for it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I know it has to be there somewhere. I can't find another file either. It is so frustrating. I am so busy with my website and I need these files. Thanks for responding racefan.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

No problem, I had a couple brain cells to kill.

Try the search feature in Windows to find the exact locations of the files.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Your MyDocuments and your FTP are two entirely different things. Do not confuse the two, if you put something in your MyDocuments it should still be there, Your MyDocuments are on your computer and have nothing to do with our servers, VodaHost or The BlueVoda website builder...

Click the below to download a piece of software that will help you find everything on your computer....

http://desktop.google.com/en/

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This used to happen to me all the time. Windows tends to remember where you last saved a file of a certain type. The same goes for the last time you saved a file using a certain application.

If you are juggling images, documents, web pages, etc. and you save a file in one place, then chances are you might not notice that dialog box for the next file you save (of a different type) is pointing to a totally different folder than you expected like folder you recently saved to.

Whenever this happens, simply re-create the scenario when you saved the file you can't find. example:

.pdf - perhaps you saved it while you were surfing the web and it was loaded into your browser.... fire up your web browser, click on the first pdf you see online and save it...it should take you to the same folder you last saved a .pdf

This really saves me alot of frustration and, after a few times, it helps me to focus more each time I save files. Fewer mistakes are made.

:o)

a cool search utility that I use (free) is called "Agent Ransack". Sounds hilarious, and suspicious, haha but it is superfast. I can't find a link for it(ironic, eh) but you can Google it.
            Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com
            Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
            X