X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages overwrite each other

Hi,

I had created 2 pages:
    www.nattipearl.com/english.html in English and www.nattipearl.com/finnish.html in Finnish language. After publishing these pages, the only last published page is shown and what is interesring, it is shown at both addresses in the internet. Looks like the last published page overwrites the previously published. But why? They are saved with diiffrent names english.bvp and finnish.bvp and published with different names.
    These pages are similar by content, only different in language, --> I had created a template and used it for creatting the 2nd page.
    Please let me know, what i did wrong.

Thank you
    BR, Liza

P.S. I have an open Support Tickst ID: VRV-980686

Re: Pages overwrite each other

Looks to me like you might have accidentally saved the English page as finnish.bvp. Do both pages look fine when you open them in BV?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yes, in BV both files look correct...even in browser

Comment

lol...the "alt" tags are in Finnish.

perhaps your browser is merely showing the default language of English somehow?

did you save your page encoding to UTF-8 ? instead of ISO-???? (can't remember offhand)

unlikely, but I've seen wierd things happen like that before.
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com
        Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

I think I know - you haven't changed the names of the files for the navigation - so every time you publish the page, you are overwriting the pictures with the new ones - and both pages will show the same because the images for both are the same.

I suggest you use a different navigation for the 2nd page - or go in and resave these buttons with a 2nd name for the page in the 2nd language.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            I think I know - you haven't changed the names of the files for the navigation - so every time you publish the page, you are overwriting the pictures with the new ones - and both pages will show the same because the images for both are the same.

I suggest you use a different navigation for the 2nd page - or go in and resave these buttons with a 2nd name for the page in the 2nd language.
            Thank you Bethers! I am not sure if i understand what you mean. Could you please explain once more? :)
            I mean navigation... Where do i change the names of the files for the navigation?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
              lol...the "alt" tags are in Finnish.

perhaps your browser is merely showing the default language of English somehow?

did you save your page encoding to UTF-8 ? instead of ISO-???? (can't remember offhand)

unlikely, but I've seen wierd things happen like that before.
              Hi Robert, Thank you!
              how could i check the encoding in BV? :0

Comment

actually, I think Bethers may have hit right on the money....

Because you are using the same Navbar, but for multilanguage support, you CANNOT copy the navbar. Doing so will publish the page using the same(identical) filenames for the navbar images as the page which it was copied from. You need to create the menu for the Finnish version in BV.

So when you clone your pages, remember to delete the navbar and recreate it fresh.

Oh, and "View>Page Properties" ...you will see a drop-down option for encoding
                Robert
                www.GraphXntrix.com
                Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Hei, Thanks a lot to all!!!!!!! it worked! its good to know to everyone that clonning navigation bar for different languages wont work. :)
                  Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X