Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting Computer from Virus' etc

Hi everyone,
    I do not have any protection on my computer at all. I want to protect it from all the things that are out there. I also want to have something that can stop virus' coming into my inbox from outside emails since I will be getting a few from strangers soon. Anybody know the good ones to put on the system and to protect my computer from any contaminated emails. There is alot of options out there so wanted to know from people who have them already and who know about a bit about them, re whats good and what is not.
    Thank you

Leanne

Re: Protecting Computer from Virus' etc

Hello,

You can go visit www.onecare.com .. it is an anti-virus made by Microsoft for Windows XP using some same technology used in Windows Vista.

They offer a 90 day free trial, which gives you 3 months protection, and while you have it, you can buy it for about $40.

If you are running Windows Vista, you are fine, you don't need one.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Also, just wanted to say, do not get AVG Anti-Virus .. it is no good!
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Go get Avast Anti-Virus. It's totally free and better than commercial programs like Norton and McAfee. It will catch viruses, adware, spyware and much more. No program is perfect, but Avast is close to it. I've used it for over three years now - no problems ever and I highly recommend it to anyone I can.

Click here to visit the site.

Read a review here.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I have tested them all. I highly recommend that you Avoid Mcaffe, it will load up your system with junk and slow it down, Besides all our servers all our desktop PC's are running Norton 360...Click the below for a free trial......

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Willows

I have been personally using AVG for 5 years, I have never had a problem. It is an anti-virus software and it is free. I have also heard Avast is excellent too.

I also recommend the use of lavasoft adaware ... for spyware and adware protection

Two different programs

In fact if you feel like reading, I have made a few fairly lengthy posts at this link ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...d-spyware.html

P.S. You do not need to pay for anything to stay protected.

BUT YOU DO NEED TO STAY UP TO DATE - and you should not even be on the internet now without protection - it takes only a matter of 12 minutes for the evils to lurk within if they find you unprotected and this includes regularly updating with microsoft internet explorer ....

Go get protection NOW!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

To get rid of spyware on your system i also recommend 'Spybot Search and Destroy'. Excellent program and really simple to use. I use advast and this and spybot quite often comes up with a load of nasties that avast couldn't find. You'll always find that different software will find different nasties. some programs will find some and then some will find the others.
              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

I use Avast Anti Virus and Zone Alarm Security Suite. I've found both to be excellent. I personally wouldn't touch Norton with a ten foot barge pole but maybe they have improved things since my last experience. You can read about Zone Alarm here. It's free to trial and then costs $20.00 but is worth every cent in my opinion.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Leanne, I emailed you at your Sales address and got this back:
                  TO:<sales(at)xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com.au>:
                  host willowscandles.com.au [74.52.137.210]: 451 Could not complete sender verify callout.................................

Oh, and you can also download a FREE E-Book on PC Security if you or anyone else wishes from Your Local E-Book Centre

have fun
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hello Leanne,

I just download this new one and is free clean everything here

Regards,

Zlatko
                    www.mercataworld.com
                    www.marradonconstructions.com
                    www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

I just want to thank you all for responding to my question about protection. Now I have no idea which one to go with but yes Ladyeye will definately get onto something right away.
                      Thank you all again,

Leanne

David, I have no idea but it is working in Aus because been getting emails.
                      Thank you for responding anyway but the directory in question fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zc290549
                        Hello Leanne,

I just download this new one and is free clean everything here

Regards,

Zlatko
                        I have downloaded it, thank you.
                        You may be able to tell me re the Early Spam for the emails, if I Disable Now it comes up with e'your computer is protected with this feature enabled. Are you sure you want to disable this?' Say yes and it states your PC is only 75% protected. Leave it alone and it is 100% protected!
                        Which way did you go with this as I would like my emails protected too but if I do that then my PC is only protected 75%. I am hoping with the fact that you have this that what I am saying is making some sense.
                        Nice to get a reply from someone who is on the same side of the world. Not that I am saying anything to you who are on the other side of the world because I love you all, but I have not had an Aussie (and someone from Melbourne) respond to me on here before.
                        Thanks, Leanne

Comment

Hello Leanne,

This one 100% protected all your emails...

AVG 7.5 Anti-Virus Anti-Malware A collection of anti-virus protection tools that gives you the full protection against viruses, worms, Trojans and malware. AVG provides you with all that you need to be completely protected: including a tool for scanning your hard drive and e-mail, as well as a real-time shield to prevent *********s.

Zlatko
                          www.mercataworld.com
                          www.marradonconstructions.com
                          www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                            Go get Avast Anti-Virus. It's totally free and better than commercial programs like Norton and McAfee. It will catch viruses, adware, spyware and much more. No program is perfect, but Avast is close to it. I've used it for over three years now - no problems ever and I highly recommend it to anyone I can.

Click here to visit the site.

Read a review here.
                            I have ended up putting this one on my computer because the cyberdefender I did put on made my system so slow. i liked it but I could not continue working on my computer with such a slow speed. Now I have just put this one on, do you know if it protects my email inbox? Sorry I sometimes have trouble reading computer jargon and I think it does from what I have read but wanted to double check with you. And does it definately catch all the spyware because I think this was on my computer in past and when I did adaware I still found spyware. Do you have anything else besides this or just this one?
                            Sorry to be a pain.
                            Leanne

Comment

Originally posted by willows
                              I have ended up putting this one on my computer because the cyberdefender I did put on made my system so slow. i liked it but I could not continue working on my computer with such a slow speed. Now I have just put this one on, do you know if it protects my email inbox? Sorry I sometimes have trouble reading computer jargon and I think it does from what I have read but wanted to double check with you. And does it definately catch all the spyware because I think this was on my computer in past and when I did adaware I still found spyware. Do you have anything else besides this or just this one?
                              Sorry to be a pain.
                              Leanne
                              You're not being a pain at all. Avast will help defend against spyware and adware, I rarely see an instance of either one. It's always a good idea to have a second program, like Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy as a backup as things can sneak by any program from time to time.

Yes, Avast will scan any folder on your pc, including your email.
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X