PDA

View Full Version : forum locking

jayco
03-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Howdy guys and gals.I just signed up with Vodahost and am catching on finally.I have a phpbb forum called leverlevers.com and for some reason I noticed it is locked.Is there a way to unlock it I do not know of.I sure can't seem to find it in the control panel of the forum.

At the bottom of the page it says forum locked and there is no new forum registration tab at the top!Ofcourse,I can talk to myself,I guess.(smile)This is also new to me so sorry if I goof up a tad...Just a retired old logger from Idaho.

Thank you
Jayco

Girlonthehill
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi, Jayco!

When you say

At the bottom of the page it says forum locked

Is that right at the foot of the page - in a group with two others that say: No new posts and New posts?

jayco
03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Yes Mam,it is.!!I have gone in and personally made sure the two categories I have up now as testers,were unlocked.There is no registration/register tab at the top for new users.

The forum seems to be locked down except for me.
http://leverluvers.com/

Thank you for the reply.

Jayco

Girlonthehill
03-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes Mam,it is.!!I have gone in and personally made sure the two categories I have up now as testers,were unlocked.There is no registration/register tab at the top for new users.

The forum seems to be locked down except for me.
http://leverluvers.com/

Thank you for the reply.

Jayco

Worry not! That is just a key to show you what the little icons next to them mean. I have just registered and posted on your forum and it worked like a dream! Well done!

jayco
03-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Thank you very much.I was logged in and couldn't see the register button and don't want to give out the url yet until I am finished.

Time to step away from the computer and my brain a rest or whats left of it.

Thanx again
Jayco

Girlonthehill
03-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Thank you very much.I was logged in and couldn't see the register button and don't want to give out the url yet until I am finished.

Time to step away from the computer and my brain a rest or whats left of it.

Thanx again
Jayco

You're welcome and I'm glad I could help.

MasterMeerkat
04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
go to acp ->forum manegment -> edit and then switch locked to unlocked

Aliens Anonymous
04-02-2007, 09:42 PM
As the Admin you have the option to lock, unlock, sticky, or Announcement at the bottom of your post or any other post. to change there status edit the post and click the one you want.