This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok BV experts..here's one for you...

I posted here a week or so ago about having a problem adding an HTML box to an existing page, that when I placed an HTML box in an existing page, when I previewed the page the box wasn't anywhere near where I actually placed it.

After much trial and error, I discovered this was happeneing with ANY element that I tried to place on the page, IE: menu bar, image, anything.

I finally traced the problem to the Vodahost affiliate banner that was on the page! Not only did the items not place correctly, but every item I placed automatically had the affiliate link assigned to it. In other words..I would just add an image, not link it at all to anything, but when I previewed it, the image had the affiliate link assigned to it!

Once I removed the affiliate banner from the page, everything worked normally. Any ideas from you BV pros on this? It really had me stumped for awhile!

Re: Ok BV experts..here's one for you...

How were you adding the affiliate banner to the page and with what coding? If you were missing a tag, etc on it - or any html for that manner - what you said can happen.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers,

I just cut and pasted the code from the affiliate page for the banner that I wanted to use, in an HTML box and placed it on my page.

Comment

It sounds like it was missing an opening or closing tag - which, again, would cause something like that to happen. HTML is not at all forgiving. Plus, it's very important that you left enough space for the location it was going in - otherwise, everything else would have to move to fit it.

If you put it back in - make sure all tags make the move :) Then if it happens again, I'd like to see the page with the problem on it.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well..don't I feel like a fool now...

I was missing the </a> at the end of the tag..

just when I think I'm beginning to catch on a little bit...it's back to square one...

Thank you BTW... :)

Comment

No problem - those pesky tags will do it every time!
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X