3 layer background page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 layer background page

I have seen so many pages that have this. I really would love to know how to do something like this. I know how to do a single background on a web page.

Thanks for any help.
    Grandma V

Re: 3 layer background page

Originally posted by GrandmaV
    I have seen so many pages that have this. I really would love to know how to do something like this. I know how to do a single background on a web page.

Thanks for any help.
    Grandma V
    Hi, Grandma V!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, could you point us to a website that displays the effect you're referring to?

I don't know if this will help but I make my backgrounds in Paintshop Pro 9, savethem as a jpg file and then import them as images to my BV page. This allows me to make them as simple or complicated as I like. I love using an effect called drop shadows that give my graphics a 3D effect and it's so simple to do within a graphics program. Other programs include ULEAD Photo Impact, Macromedia Fireworks and Microsoft Publisher. Many of these applications are quite expensive but ULEAD offer a free trial of Photo Impact which lasts a month and the program is quite affordable - you can learn more by clicking here. There are many,many effects that can be achieved by using a graphics program.

You can play around in BlueVoda and achieve some interesting results by using a grey duplicate shape placed behind the front shape. This can give the feeling that the page is 3D. Another way to give your page a layered effect is to set the background colour and use a different coloured rectangle sized to 800 pixels as your actual page. Then centre your page (in page properties). This gives a simple layered effect. Here is a quick example of what I mean - click here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

use one-celled table....actually, i haven't seen any conflicts with this way:

In BV, choose Table>Insert Table

you can choose 0 rows and 0 columns OR 1 and 1...either way

Now your 3 images need some level of transparency OR enough negative space for parts of each background image to show through and create the layered effect. either way, 3 images need to have transparency.

You can set a background for the page.
      you can set a background for the table (right-click, select Properties)
      You can set a background for the cell ( right-click, select Cell Properties)

grab the corner of your one cell table and size it to the same height x width of your page.

Voila!

if I'm not mistaked, I think Andy128 and some other forum members briefly talked about this same effect in another thread.
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Hi ...I know you can place one shape on top of another shape for multi-background effect.... Is it better to work with a table??? Thanks Doug

Comment

I have used Paint Shop Pro a lot, but never figured out how to do a 3 layer background. I didn't want it to tile 3 color.

Robert that sounds like a neat idea. I would have never thought of that!!! Way to go. I have tried to find a page that I liked but didn't find one right away.

I guess an example would be a holiday page such as St Patricks Day. A darker green, then a foil green that is brighter and then another green that has a very light pattern on it. The above 3 would be the whole background and then design more from there. I hope I explained it ok. I'll try to send an example when I can.
          Thanks
          GrandmaV

Comment

Thank you for the information. I'm a bit behind on my reading the pages because I was sick, but I did want to thank you now.
            GrandmaV

Comment

i currently have a destop wallpaper set that is a perfect example of what you are looking for.

http://www.****.net/cm/images/Wallpaper/stpaddys/stpaddys_1024x768.html

if I find some time..I'll try and provide an example using the table method. Basically, this method, when done correctly, accomplishes two things:
              1. reduces number of objects/elements (images or shapes) on the page which means you only need to size the table.
              2. because the bg images used in tables are tiled, you can use images of smaller file size which increase page loading time.*Varying results.
              so, was the example wallpaper similar to what you seek?
              Robert
              www.GraphXntrix.com
              Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
              X