My first site, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first site, any suggestions?

Hi, I'm Bev. Before I do any more on this site I would really appreciate some feedback. I've already caught a few of my mistakes and have come to the point where I think some outside comments would really help. Thanks!

Re: My first site, any suggestions?

Hi Bev, any chance of the url?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Golly, it shows up on my screen but here it is again:

Comment

Ah! The old & new link is there now (Strange). Yes! Onto the site. Looking good. I am not sure if the red is a little bright or the grey is a little light. But seeing as your boutique are has the same background I would think the grey want to be a bit darker in the header & main text. It seems a bit faint for reading.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Bev,

Excellent work... I really like your site and am a critter lover myself! The one thing I did not like was the lack of descriptions on your items for sale. I was interested in the floatation kit and the light weight pet stairs, but when I clicked on them there were no details of what I would get if I purchased these. On your menu bar at the top of the page, the red text on the black is a little hard to read.
          All in all, good job.
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com
          www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
          www.virtualdesigndiva.com
          www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Looking pretty good - but I noticed you aren't using the www. in any of your urls. Have you consciously decided not to use it? The reason I ask is that most people WILL use it - and the se's will not necessarily give you the same credit for visitors and links with it as without it - so I really suggest using it.

That said, you have a great start.

How come you have the store on a different url instead of doing it all as one site? This is going to also mean optimizing two different urls for the same terms.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for looking at the site Beth. I've spent the last few hours adding the www's to everywhere I could think to. I originally had started the Mix-N-Match Puppy Patch because I had some puppies that I sold and people asked me if I had any way to send them pictures so they didn't have to drive very far. I sort of got hooked on learning how to do the website and using the internet and now have plans to accomodate a section for my mom and sisters who want to do a "Made To Order" doggy apparel shop and just figured it would be easiest to have one main site to promote that links them all together. The boutique part is to try to raise some money for one of my pet projects and I found a supplier that handles all the back end operations and not really bad prices so I have time to work on the other things I want to incorporate into the Mix-N-Match Puppy Patch part of it. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks,
              Bev

Comment

Dori,

Regarding the product descriptions, I looked through the product pages and did find a few that were non existant. I made inquiries and understand that some of the new suppliers have not forwarded the descriptions for some of the products as yet. They will automatically be added as they are received.

Thanks for checking out the site,
                Bev

Comment

Working...
                X