phpbb problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb problems

I'm hoping someone who is familiar with phpbb can help me out. I originally installed incorrectly... did not name a directory "forum" and install went to the root of my domain. Not realizing my error, I set up the forums and thought it was working properly. Registered a new member as a test and it worked fine. Recently I noticed that it wasn't working properly. I did backup the database, then in order to uninstall, I had to manually delete the files individually because they were not all in a "forum" folder as they should have been. This was done fairly easily because I have another instance of phpbb on a subdomain so I made note of all the files associated with the program, identified them in the initial install, removed them and reinstalled again. Reinstall went ok, but after I restore my backup, certain aspects in the admin section don't work. Displays "page not found." I desperately need some help. Anybody?

Try a fresh install from fantastico....this will work....afterward re-upload your database.
    Also you can try visiting the PhpBB forum >>> http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Phpbb

Thank you. Turns out that I uninstalled and reinstalled from start... manually added back the categories/forums. Works fine now.

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Try a fresh install from fantastico....this will work....afterward re-upload your database.
      Also you can try visiting the PhpBB forum >>> http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/

Comment

Working...
      X