Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Question

hi,
    can somebody please explain why when I search Google for my website it comes up with the heading INDEX and not for example home page or the description I put there. does this mean my site is still not registered with them? my website is www.dantinaproperties.com

Re: Confused about Google

Hi, your index page is coming up as index because this is what you named it in your properties area of the page.

<HEAD><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><TITLE>index</TITLE><META name="KEYWORDS" content="Properties,for,sale,on,the,Costa,Blanca"> <META name="DESCRIPTION" content="home page for dantina properties"><META name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda"><SCRIPT type="text/javascript">

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Confused about Google

Hi Chris,
      thanks for the information. so if I type in a different description in the title, will that change the information that google sends out.

Comment

Re: Google Question

Hi, yes it will eventually . But don’t be surprised if it takes a wile for Google to change this..
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi,
          thanks for your help

Comment

For the purposes of SEO and getting good coverage in the search engines, make sure that your keywords appear in both your title and description so as to be more search engine friendly.
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

To continue with what Mook was saying, the search engines read the title of your page first to determine what it is about, the meta keywords and description next to see if they are relevant to the page content. By using your most important keywords in the the title, the beginnig of the description, towrds the beginning body of your text and sprinkled througout the page you can get better results with all of the search engines. Just be very careful not to over do it. You can get penalized for "Keyword Stuffing". and that is not any fun!
              Affordable Medical Insurance
              Discount Dental Plan
              Washington State Health Insurance
              Temporary Health Insurance
              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

The se's do not read the meta keywords and/or description to compare them with your page and relevancy. You can completely not fill those 2 meta tags in without it hurting your SEO - but the description will be used as your "copy" often in the search results, so should be good copy - with or without your keywords.

The title SHOULD have your best keywords - and your page should use them in - not for the se's - but for your customers/users.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                  The se's do not read the meta keywords and/or description to compare them with your page and relevancy. You can completely not fill those 2 meta tags in without it hurting your SEO - but the description will be used as your "copy" often in the search results, so should be good copy - with or without your keywords.

The title SHOULD have your best keywords - and your page should use them in - not for the se's - but for your customers/users.
                  Couldn't agree more, its been well known for ages now that google doesn't read meta keywords anymore (although other engines may).

The description does carry some weight but in general a decent title combined with well written content does very well indeed.

Although wikipedia ranks well due to having a high trustrank if you look at the pages none of the wikipedia pages actually have meta keywords or descriptions

Comment

Bethers, the keywords in the meta description are indeed used by some search engines but not all of them. If your content is placed inside of frames (which the SEs do not like) they will read what ever other content is there whether it be in the meta description, linking strategy or the meta keywords. If Google doesn't see any other text on the page it will go to whatever is there and use that for relevancy and rankings. To completely state that search engines do not pay any attention to meta keywords is inaccurate.
                    Affordable Medical Insurance
                    Discount Dental Plan
                    Washington State Health Insurance
                    Temporary Health Insurance
                    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

I'll tell that to the Google and Yahoo reps who told it to me face-to-face. But, yes, there are some lesser se's who still look at the keywords.

Remember, it's because of people misusing all of these features that the algorhythms have been changed to take away importance to them.

Never did I say they don't read it - simply that they don't USE it to help you. And I will stand by that for the major se's. I do believe that if you MISUSE the tags they could end up hurting you - because yes, they do read them.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                      X