Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparent background in the inline frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent background in the inline frame?

Is this possible?
    I am trying to do:
    Photo- on the photo one almost transparent shape (done in photoshop) and on this shape I want to put text with the scroolbars, but I want that text will go on this almost transparent shape...so you can see the photo under the text...
    I hope, somebody knows, what I mean!
    Waiting for help!!!!
    Greetings,
    JM

www.debussy.juliamustonen.com
    www.juliamustonen.com

Re: Transparent background in the inline frame?

This may be an alternate route?? Worth a look.
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/non...ING#post127717
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think this is something else...
      I want to put big text - like all biography on the image with the scroobars...This program is for watermarking?
      Greetings,
      JM

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

this is the type.
        you can see- there is the photo, then the almost transparent background and the text has a scrollbar...
        How to do it?

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Ah! Try this, i am working on the milky white background. So the text will show better on all backgrounds.
          http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/tr2.html

But to achieve the above.
          1st the page that goes inside the iframe. Make your page that you want to be transparent & insert this 1st code below. (Right click on page & select page html then place this code between the head tags) make sure all your text is at the top left of this page & DO NOT centre

<style type="text/css">
          body {background-color: transparent}
          </style>

Save & publish.

2nd part.
          The page you want the iframe on. Place the iframe on the page & right click on the iframe it self & select HTML. Place the code below in the “inside tag” area.

allowtransparency="true" background-color="transparent"

Now press preview to see if all is ok.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This is exactly what I want!!!I will try it. I just had some problems with fixed background in the bluevoda. The code was not working in mozilla for some reason. but the person, who gave me the code could use it without problems. also in Mozilla. Do you know anything about this problem?

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Hi, seem to work fine in firefox & IE7 at my end. The only thing that I didn't get to work is the scroll bars won’t change colour in firefox but will in IE7. But this is normal.
              They are set to black in the page but still show grey in firefox.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, I have a followup quastion on I-frame!
                How do you change the background so that it will not only show white.
                I tried the allowtransparency="true" background-color="transparent"
                but it wont work. Let say my bacground color is "000000" (black) what code will I put inside the HTML area of the Iframe?

Thanks...
                Thanks,
                http://pinoynetwork.org

Comment

i sort of stopped pursuing this for a while now, but check which is the proper coding to use with your page's "DOCTYPE=???"

also, somewhere in my bottomless dev. folders are some notes i took about setting the background color as the alpha color. then applying the level of transparency by percentage. sound familiar to anyone? let me know, memory is not cooperative at the moment.
                  Robert
                  www.GraphXntrix.com
                  Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Hi there,

I would really appreciate somebody's help with the following:

I have created an inline frame and linked it to a file containing text which appears perfectly well within the frame, except for the colour behind each line of text which shows itself as white.

I have been able to make the spaces in between the text paragraphs transparent so that you can see the background picture, but each actual sentence of text is sitting on a white background even though the text box properties background colour is set to 'automatic' which I read somewhere should mean transparent.

Also, if anyone is clever enough to work out the answer to that one, are you also able to tell me how to change the colour of the scroll bars in an inline frame (which doesn't appear to be the same as when doing so for a whole page).

Thanks to anyone with any suggestions.
                    Scoop

Comment

the page that contains the text which you are displaying in the iframe...
                      you will need to open that page(in BV, assuming you created it in BV) and select the text...then choose format>"remove formatting"

then make necessary changes to font, size,etc.. and then font color, MAKING SURE that you aren't accidently selecting the font BACKGROUND color.

also..."automatic" is usually transparent, but when you make a change to the font background color...sometimes reselecting automatic will set the font bg to the page's bg...but this is just my observance...can't be positively certain.
                      Robert
                      www.GraphXntrix.com
                      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
                      X