Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menu button assistance required

Hi
    Yet again having probs with everything crashing ! Tonight its affecting the area where i do my pages, getting BV not responding message and then about hr ago screen went 'Wild ' and started to dance around when i i moved mouse thingy so did the page ! I'me having to open and close each time to access page to work on - cant find the file button ! Anybody understand this and why this is happening ? I have booted pc up and down 3 or 4 times and run a defrag -anything else i can do ? do i need to save my pages and if so how ? :(
    Thanks in advance :)
    Karen
    www.urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com

Re: Help !! My page has gone every where including all the buttons !

Have you cleared out your temporary internet files and deleleted cookies?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Karen ... Have you lost your tool bars? On your own computer?? Or in your Blue Voda Web Builder??

What is missing exactly??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi
        Thanks
        all the top buttons have moved around and i think some may have gone somewhere ?? disapeared. When i go to open a page or close a page its almost like it freezes and bits get left behind . I have no way to open a page except close BV and then re-open to open another page ! In the top bar it shows a little white box and then says not responding !
        Regards what you asked Beth ? We had to empty all the cache temp internet etc as AO'HELL told us to on live help not good move as they lost all my info stored in em's got it back tho they told us how to do that ! They said it would not affect website ???????
        Oh and the other thing is when i publish page and check it its not updated on aol but does on explorer ?????
        Wish i knew more about this machines LOL
        Thanks
        :)
        Karen
        hope that helps?

Comment

Is there anyway that either of you can get into my site ? I am more than happy for you too if its poss to see the page (whatever its called) i open to work on web pages ???????
          Thanks again
          Karen

Comment

Karen

AOL is famous for not showing the updates, you need to refresh, and it's almost like you should have a statement on your website, which I have seen im many cases, but I don't recommend ... but almost like you need a statement saying "Refresh Your Browser For the Latest" ...

I don't ever experience this in FF or IE ...

Sounds to me like your computer is short on resources ... I'd recommend going down into the personal computer thread and searching for a few posts about how to "Tune Up" your computer ... And it may also be your "graphics card" that is failing ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Ringrose
              Is there anyway that either of you can get into my site ? I am more than happy for you too if its poss to see the page (whatever its called) i open to work on web pages ???????
              Thanks again
              Karen
              Karen

I don't know what you mean here? If you are opening a page to work on, you should be doing that from your desktop? Not up in your file manager or anything ...

What do you mean????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hey
                Woo blown away with all that jargon ! LOL i can strip down a hoover ! LOL
                Whats ff and ie ?
                Whats is the pc personal thread ? and is on the pc? sorry have'n t a clue about these and M in bed just for a change !
                You say low on resources does that mean i ahve used too much of that mb kb? cos the reading was good or i beleive it was good for spare space - sorry i can see what it says on screen buit cant word it DOH !
                Graphic's card is this cos of all the bumf on my website ? M says i have prob used alot of space and ??? Oh i dont know. Will we need new pc?
                Thanks again you guys are so lucky to be so knowledgable with these machines.
                Karen

Comment

Sorry
                  all i know is i go to start button click on blue voda which opens up like page where i have been putting in html boxes marquee's etc is that right ? anf tonite to do the work i have been having to do the work click save - luckily its there and shut and re-open it !#
                  Make any sense to you?
                  it doesn't to me !
                  Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Ringrose
                    Hey
                    Woo blown away with all that jargon ! LOL i can strip down a hoover ! LOL
                    Whats ff and ie ?
                    Whats is the pc personal thread ? and is on the pc? sorry have'n t a clue about these and M in bed just for a change !
                    You say low on resources does that mean i ahve used too much of that mb kb? cos the reading was good or i beleive it was good for spare space - sorry i can see what it says on screen buit cant word it DOH !
                    Graphic's card is this cos of all the bumf on my website ? M says i have prob used alot of space and ??? Oh i dont know. Will we need new pc?
                    Thanks again you guys are so lucky to be so knowledgable with these machines.
                    Karen
                    Okay Karen ... no we are not saying you need a new pc ... there are a number of variables that would have to be taken into consideration for this ... so just relax and tell me ... really what your problem is ..

IE - Internet Explorer FF - Firefox ... There is a personal computer area as part of this forum, it is down near the bottom...

You have not used up your space that you are allotted with Voda, you have not used up any resources there ... you would never run out ... okay, so it is not that ...

What seems to be happening to you, from what you are saying, is that your computer is not able to open pages. That means a problem with your computer. I recommended reading in the forum about a thread General ***** put in, about tuning up your computer. If it is failing to open pages, etc., and you are seeing white boxes everywhere you have a problem. What that is, we can't really tell from here ... but it is not your blue voda webbuilder.

Can you tell me what you meant earlier by saying getting into your site to see the webpage you are working on???? What are you asking here??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK GOOD news thanx !
                      you know when you click in to open up BV and brings upa page with a little box in the middle to choose a page and open or cancel ? Thats the page i am referring to here. When its opens it has the little box but then all the buttons for example media , html on tha side are you with me ? well all the buttons are all jiggady piggady and have changed places and some have gone ie file :( which is all i want back !
                      but each time i have gone to publish, it flashes up white box and then you click 5/6 times to end prog before it eventually goes and then re-open but this has been ongoing and from what people have said thats down to AO'HELL ! we have mac code now to change !!!!
                      Does that help you any am i making things clearer? i was trying to find like a re-set button or something ! Refresh makes no odds here for us neva changes - its too lazy to look for something - like a husband or kid just grabs the nearest thing to it(mine at least) LOL
                      Karen

Comment

I forgot to mention before - when i go into aol and to my website aol kinda goes off and on for a sec and the same thing happens when i turn the page to next collection in the index but we beleive this is aol causing us this problem as my mother who lives miles from me is on aol and she has the same prob my pages make her pc crash LOL shouldn't laugh she gets too stressed bless her !
                        Do you think its my site or AO'HELL ? god i wish we never went back to them - hindsight eh
                        Karen

Comment

Okay, beyond your own computer problems, it sounds to me that with all the clicking you may have done, you somehow have altered your toolbars in the builder.

Open up a new page in blue voda ... If you can then get to VIEW on the top toolbar if that is there ... choose view, and then toolbars and click everything you see in there so that they all have a checkmark ...

You might also see some very faint grey dotted lines running up and down, with 4 dots each, if you can get your cursor over these, and move these around, your tool bars will come back.

OR RIGHT CLICK in that area, and choose menu bar ....

If this fails ... download blue voda again and install it ... perhaps this will help correct your situation if you can't get your tool bars back this way ...

If you are uploading a page full of photos, that are large in size, you are going to time out ... make sure you have not overloaded your page for publishing, since you are also on AOL which is unfavorable .. right!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hey
                            Ok thanks i will try that if i have to re-install will i loose everything i have done this far as M is going to be linking up the pages tomoz or friday ? Sorry brian not working comin into my 2nd day being up again trying to get this site launched if this doesnt work i will get M to have a go b4 he goes to work otherwise i will be out of action all day ! Pretty guttin that would be with the amount of sleep ime not gettin trying to fin this ! Ok once again thanks for your help its appreciated.
                            Take care
                            Karen

Comment

No, you won't lose anything ... don't remove anything, just reinstall ...

but firstly try getting your tool bars back on your own ....

Hope it works for you ... and yes, get some much needed sleep my dear ...

The little grey dots are on the tool bar ... not in the view menu ... did you right click on the area where the tool bar shoudl be, and choose menu bar???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X