Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by step help needed

www.bounteousbasket.com

OK, so Im a Private! I've read forum posts & watched tutorials til I'm crosseyed. I thought this would be easier, or that I'd have a better understanding of it all. I need to get my site rebuilt b4 month's end.
    Here's what I've done:
    1. installed SohoLaunch
    2. chose a template & created my pages (at least some)
    3. thought I uploaded my image, descriptions & logo files in sohoadmin but all I can access there is the logo file.
    4. I created a custom template using my logo but couldn't get it to upload.

My questions are...
    1. Can anyone figure out what I'm doing wrong in creating, upoading and using a custom template? Or, Do I need to submit a ticket?
    2. Where do I get my image files and the file extensions to create my product tables on my pages? (my page extensions also for content links to other pages or products) (maybe thats the wrong lingo)

Is there a step-bystep manual somewhere?
    Thank you,
    Lorena
    www.bounteousbasket.com

Re: Step by step help needed

Lorena,

What are you trying to do? Upload PRODUCT or work on a template?

Your images go into an image folder, so your link would be

You dont upload anything to the ADMIN section. Use the FILE manager icon for that and upload your files there if you dont understand the ftp process or finding the IMAGE folder. It will do it for you.

Your products will be in the SHOPPING cart menu, you create your PRODUCT tables there when you ADD product. If you are trying to CSV and upload them all at once you will need to read the manual on uploadin CSV files.

There is a step by step for creating a customized template, and uploading it, and if you read the threads here ive discussed it a number of times.

If you look at the top of this thread theres a link to the STEPS and a link to the manuals as well. You cant LINK to the products until you make them in the shopping cart area, and you first need to make categories and then as you add product, add them also to the categories, you cant do it backwards. Well you can, but you wont understand why its not showing up etc...Your file extensions for products will be a php address.
    Your image files will remain the same format as what u are used to, you just need to get used to working with the cart, so first do your categories and products, and thennnnnnnn you can do the outer pages and drop them onto your page with the shopping button.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen, I was working on both, creating a custom template & adding products. I think It best o just focu on just getting it published & tweek it later.

I'd switch projects when I'd get frustrated. I'll work on your suggestions & come back later if I get stuck again...& yes, I can already see that this builder is better than what I'm used to!
      Thank you,
      Lorena
      www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Lorena,

You are working live in soho, so when u hit the save button its published :)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X