Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,one and all

Hi,

The "general" said to check in so I am checking in. I have made a website using the Homestead software, but I need to expand somewhat as well as free up some money so Bluevoda was suggested to me.

I have no idea how I will get along with it, but I can see that text is easily placed, and that is something I have a terrible time doing using tables. I am hoping this works out. I occasionally have a person ask me for help, and I would like to direct them to software which costs nothing and does not have a giant learning curve. That is what I am here to discover.

My greatest problem at the present is knowing precisely where to start a new thread when introducing myself. I just started another one.

I am looking forward to sharing with everyone. Just maybe I can contribute a bit as well.
    Carol
    www.wabashfirstumc.org

Re: Hello,one and all

Hi.. Flute.... Oh it's so easy to learn here at the Voda Host forum...I have found that one of the easiest ways to get on track here, is to utilize the "Search" tool above... just enter the topic you'd like to learn more about and then read through the threads to find one that's perinent.... Welcome...Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Welcome!
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi - I looked at your decendants page. It is nicely done. I was using Ancestry.com to get info, but my husband thought it wasn't worth it.

I did follow my parents line back to Abraham in the Bible, very interesting.
        Grandma V

Comment

Hello Carol.
          I'm new here also.
          I am set up to get a daily log and then I go through and read what I have chosen to get.
          Grandma V
          By the way, the wabash river is pretty. We traveled alongside it many years when my parents were visiting family.

Comment

Hello, again,

Since last I was here, I crashed and so did the computer. I think both of us are back in gear again. I hope.

I have been fiddling with the software and think I will be able to use it eventually. I enjoy working on websites, but like lots of people I don't have much experience other than what I have gathered from doing it. I also look at other websites to get ideas of the good, the bad, and the ugly regarding websites.

I am thinking about a redesign for ours next summer. So far I have not come up with a "magnificent" design yet. I do like to have something in mind. I don't know how many of us just jumped in the first time we made a website, but I did. And I had only been using a computer for a year and taught myself how to do that. I have big gaps in my learning.

At any rate, it is great fun and a wonderful challenge.

Has anyone discovered how to keep people coming back to your website/s? I find that very difficult. We have a program running right now which draws people in like crazy, but it will end in September.

Any ideas?

Carol
            Carol
            www.wabashfirstumc.org

Comment

Working...
            X