Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Welcome header (mod) background colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Welcome header (mod) background colour?

Hi,

Anyone is using vBulletin welcome-header (mods) and knows how to change the background colour for the announcement? Like the one Vodatalk is using (I like the light-yellow background surrounding with dotted line).

I hv consulted the coder for this mod, but he just ask me to change the template of the welcome header. I am not a coder and feel abit lost.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Re: Change Welcome header (mod) background colour?

same here. i am trying to figure out how to replace the picture to the top left that links to the forum index. you did a great job with yours, so would you mind telling me how to replace it. http://www.mypersonaloffice.biz/menu.html

Comment

Check this out :)

Upload your image to the images/misc folder in your forums directory. Then change the title image path in the StylesVars:

AdminCP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Select 'StyleVars' from the menu -> Image Paths -> Title Image -> Enter the path to the new
      logo

Size is down to preference, the currently vBulltin
      logo is 209 x 85 pixels

Cheers!
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

thanks, Eric
        Will try it. And fantastic job on your site...what a great idea

Comment

Eric, I tried following your instruction. I'm stuck right now. I've resized the pic to the specs you gave, uploaded them to the image folder, now what? The next set of to-dos aren't too clear. So I login to Admin. After that, I don't know what to do.

Comment

Hi Amadee,

Dun worry, let me give u some helps.

1) After creating yr Logo. You have to upload it to the forum folder. Use BlueFTP in Vodablue to do the uploading. Put yr Logo picture in the folder forums/images/misc. I think the format of the picture must be in .GIF (take note of this).

2) Next login in yr forum admin. Goto AdminCP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Select 'StyleVars' from the menu -> Image Paths -> Title Image -> Enter the path to the new logo
            (see attached file)

3) The path to new logo will be something like this images/misc/yrlogoname.gif
            (Note:Remember to key in the .gif at the end of the path!)
            (See attached file)

Cheers!

Attached Files
            Cheers,
            Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
              Eric, I tried following your instruction. I'm stuck right now. I've resized the pic to the specs you gave, uploaded them to the image folder, now what? The next set of to-dos aren't too clear. So I login to Admin. After that, I don't know what to do.

You're using phpBB, so the steps are different for you. To make the same change, you'd need to rename the graphic you want to use to logo_phpBB.gif and upload it into the template's 'images' folder, overriding the default logo.

Keep in mind that custom styles may use different names for the main logo, so if you later add a custom style and want to exact the same change, either browse through the stye's images folder, or view the style on your site, right click the main logo and select "properties" to find the naming and sizing used.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by EricPSF
                Hi,

Anyone is using vBulletin welcome-header (mods) and knows how to change the background colour for the announcement? Like the one Vodatalk is using (I like the light-yellow background surrounding with dotted line).

I hv consulted the coder for this mod, but he just ask me to change the template of the welcome header. I am not a coder and feel abit lost.
                Eric, here's your fix. Sorry for a slow reply, I was looking for the easiest way to do this.

1. Open Style Manager -> All Style Options -> Additional CSS Definitions

add to the bottom:

Code:
                .welcomeheader{ background-color: #FFFFCC; color: #000000;}
                Replace #FFFFCC with whatever color code you want the cell to be.

2. Open your welcome_headers template. Find <td class="alt1">. Change to <td class="welcomeheader">
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you very much Major Racefan! I hv been looking for this code for almost 2 weeks!

Btw, do you know how to create a link to my email address in welcome header? Pls see attach photo. I hv tried to use BBcode but it seems does not work. Pls advise.

Thanks once again.
                  Attached Files
                  Cheers,
                  Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Thanks RaceFan and Eric. Eric, sorry I didn't catch that small fact that we are both using different forums.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
                      Thanks RaceFan and Eric. Eric, sorry I didn't catch that small fact that we are both using different forums.
                      Hi AmaDee,

No problem, hope that we can exchange experiences,pointers & views in forums management in the future.

Cheers!
                      Cheers,
                      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

This should do the trick, you can just copy and paste the whole thing into the appropriate welcome header.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please feel free to <a href="$vboptions[contactuslink]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[contact_us]</a>.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan,

It shows an error. Pls see attached file.

How do I change the email address if I want to do so in the later stage?

Thanks once again.
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers,
                          Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Hi,

you got me on that one try the free composer at mozila free coder

Comment

Hi Racefan,

It shows an error. Pls see attached file.

How do I change the email address if I want to do so in the later stage?

Thanks once again.
                              So much for being fancy. lol Change to this and you should be fine:

<a href=mailto:you@youraddress.com >contact us</a>.
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X