Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image question

Hi all!
    I can see my images when I point my browser to http://www.mymallads.com/airbuzz/ (just testing the water so to speak)
    now if I point browser to http://airbuzz.net I see little red x's where there should be a logo
    Since airbuzz.net is a add-on could this be a cPanel issue? could my BV files be whacked?
    Your imput please.
    dudleydoo

Re: Image Problem or.....

Hi, have you tried re-publishing. It’s a bit strange that two images are not showing.
    May also be worth looking in c panel in the new directory to see if the images are there & see if they open ok.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Image Problem or.....

Tried the re-publishing and the image files are in the public_html/airbuzz folder which show up fine when pointing the browser to http://www.mymallads.com/airbuz/ even downloaded BV again but to no avail....arrrrrrg. It's probably something simple.
      thanks for response Chris!

Comment

Re: Image question

Have you got anti leech turned on via cpanel. It could be that the addon domain is being seen as a leecher and therefore images are blocked to prevent the people linking to the image and using your badwidth?
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

I'll check it and see. I'm beginning to think the add-on is more like a subdomain. In cPanel it says airbuzz is parked on top of mymallads, so now I wonder if that's normal.

Comment

I dont know what youve done, but.. When i view your source to the first one, the image is in www.mallads.com/airbuzz

Which is telling me youve made air buzz a subfolder of mallads.

In the second instance, www.airbuzz.net the image doesnt appear as you havent upped it to that directory. It looks like youve made both a sub and an addon of the same name. When you are publishing in bv, make sure you have changed your path to correct directory.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Than you Karen I've just begun to understand more about add-on domains. I followed the tutorials to a T to create it and wound up with what appears to be a subdomain of sorts.
              Do I have to make a new directory manually some how?
              The more I search and read threads there does seem to be quite alot of confusion with add-ons and sub-domains. My cpanel shows a few elements that are a bit newer than that which is shown in the tutorial, like cpanel has been upgraded a tad ahead of the tutorial info.
              I'm still confused though on what to do to iron this out. Do i have to delete and start from scrath?

Comment

I believe you have the addon directory - the question is HOW are you publishing the pages? You should be publishing to
                public_html/airbuzz

If you add that /airbuzz - then it should work.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello there Bethers,
                  I've just checked and it does show public_html/airbuzz to publish. CPanel shows the mymallads public_html and with in that folder is the folder for airbuzz. I'm not sure why that is in that folder though or if that is supposed to be.
                  I'll go through the tutorials and cPanel info again. Waiting for my brain to grip the obvious....
                  Thank you

Comment

Thanks for all your input. I just discovered it was a subdomain in cPanel and didn't take as an addon domain. Got it all worked out!
                    This forum ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Thanks again
                    Dudley

Comment

Working...
                    X