PDA

View Full Version : Contact form

enstorms
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Just realized all mail submitted to me was going to webmaster. Went in to global settings and changed to my email address. Tried sending from my website, but nothing has shown up yet, either my new address or webmaster. Is this the only place to change where I want the info sent from the Contact form?
Ernie

davidundalicia
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Most contact forms work from a script, and your email address is usually within that script. Check it out.............

enstorms
03-09-2007, 03:07 PM
David,
It's been so long since I did the website, I don't even remember how I did the Contact form. It says it's a custom designed form, but can't find where to edit the script anywhere. In trying to edit the page, it only gives the basics of template, page name, etc. Can't find anywhere to edit the script. I think this is a basic Contact form that soholaunch generates.
Still haven't received any notices from it to any email address.
Ernie

enstorms
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I just deleted the previous Contact form and created a new one. Would be nice to be able to go back and edit the info you enter when you create it. There may be a way, but it's not obvious to me.
Ernie

davidundalicia
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Perhaps Naval or Karen or Beth can help you out, they are conversant with Soho................

Karen Mac
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Ernie

Unfortunately, soho doesnt let you EDIT forms, because they had issues with people changing the codes so you really have to EDIT in the includes if you want to change their properties.

With that said, Any email that you use in soho to generate a response requires you to also set up and autoresponder for that email address! Doesnt even have to be the one in global settings. So in your cpanel, mail, your webmaster or contact us name will require you to make an autoresponder to send the mail. Then soho will connect with it.

Karen