Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Hi everyone,

if you have a big patience to read the following and help me, it will be much appreciated than you can think.

if you can't or just don't have time to read - I will understand. Thanks in advance.

SITUATION :

1 - I reformatted my pc twice cuz of this probleme, the only things I have installed in my pc are, the operating system "windows XP" with the default programs as IE Outlook 6 etc etc. AND OF COURSE I installed BlueVoda.

2 - I didn't update windows AT ALL, I didn't install any antivirus so far.

3 - I have a good 512kb/s connection speed with an ISP called Optusnet.

4 - I can't publish anymore from BV I get the 12002 error (I've changed the time out to 600) + when I access my folders via Blueftp, I can't see my folders, I see just 1 folder icon with 2 dots on front of it "the one you double click to go to the parent directory"

5 - My firewalls were totaly off + BlueVoda and BlueFtp are already in the exception list of the windows firewall.

6 - I can access my account via Cpanel perfectly.

7 - I published a lotta pages to a subfolders from ANOTHER COMPUTER WHO HAS ANOTHER ISP "from an internet cafe", it worked perfectly.

9 - in that internet cafe, when I go to vodahost.com > customer login , I see that Voda6 still under the IP : 70.86.134.194 , BUT IN MY PC, IT APPEARS UNDER THE NEW IP : 70.126.124.162

8 - I installed CuteFTP, and I was able to connect from it and access all my folders normally.

9 - I installed SmartFTP, I connect, but whenever I double click public_html, it frises.

10 - I called my ISP, and the call was transfered to an overseas operators who don't know what I'm talking about, they said it's rare that they ban web sites, unless if it's declared from the goverment , GOD IT'S NOT A WEBSITE< IT"S A SERVER FOR GOD SAKE, they don't get it, I have to wait untill monday now.

NOW QUESTIONS :

the following might have something to do with my difficulties to publish

1 - how comes in that internet cafe, when I go to vodahost.com > customer login , I see that Voda6 still under the IP : 70.86.134.194 , BUT IN MY PC, IT APPEARS UNDER THE NEW IP : 70.126.124.162 ????

2 - is it possible that my ISP for some reason banned the server 70.126.124.162?

3 - is it something else bcuz of the IP updates done before?

4 - anyone can have any idea why it's happening to me, and how can I fix it?

PLS ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thank you.
    The Producer

Re: I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Nite producer

If you send me your
    server number
    username
    password
    I will have a look for you.

Contact me here
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: I have a big prob in my pc PLS HELP - publishing and ftp access problems !!!!

Your website is not viewable from where I sit !!
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Comment

I'm not sure yet what's the probleme.

I don't think I have a probleme inside the server, it's gonna be or the changes made before in the upgrade of the VodaHost Servers or my ISP is blocking me from reaching VodaHost servers.

I still need more answers, no need to login and check bcuz it's been done before.
        The Producer

Comment

I think you have the ip address wrong above. You start the new one with 70 - and it is 75 126 124 162

If you were publishing at the internet cafe to the old IP - it might say it's published, but it will do you no good as your website is no longer on that IP. You must publish to the new IP.

Please check and see if the IP address you gave above was a typo.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Cannot view http://www.morozy.com/

only get a blank index (parent dir + cgi-bin)
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              I think you have the ip address wrong above. You start the new one with 70 - and it is 75 126 124 162

If you were publishing at the internet cafe to the old IP - it might say it's published, but it will do you no good as your website is no longer on that IP. You must publish to the new IP.

Please check and see if the IP address you gave above was a typo.
              Actualy right I did mention 70 but it is 75, I just typed it wrong in this post but it is 75.

Sorry.

Thanks Beth
              The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                Cannot view http://www.morozy.com/

only get a blank index (parent dir + cgi-bin)
                I still didn't publish in www.morozy.com

I published in a subfolder of my main domain (sorry it's protected by password - contains very personal info).
                The Producer

Comment

It would help if we knew what we were looking for........how can we test if we dont know the url of the domain that you are having problems with??
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

It would help if we knew what we were looking for........how can we test if we dont know the url of the domain that you are having problems with??
                    I think you didn't read my first post carefully, mate the probleme is the whole thing.

Please if you really want to help me, you need to read the first post really slowly, if you don't have time, it's ok.

Thanks you.
                    The Producer

Comment

I give up......I am not a mind reader and I cannot view the insides of your computer.
                      I have read and reread your post and if anyone can view your website then that would narrow down the problem mate.............

hope you fix whatever it is.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Here are a few things I know, it's not much, but maybe "clues" that will jog or put someone in another direction for the anwer to your dilemma.

I do remember reading, one of Navels post, once, that he stated during the change over some ips stay there for a little bit to make sure files get moved, or something of that nature (forgive me Navel I do pay attention, lol)
                        So maybe there is something to that, that being why the old ip shows up on the other computer.

The other computer should take the new download for the blue voda software. Has the other computer done that?

I do know when you download the new software, you 1) either have to configure it's access through your firewall (internet security) or as I have seen recommended, to turn your firewall off.

Now you say you do not have any anti-virus on your computer. Okay, but windows automatically comes with a firewall. And these firewalls are doing funny things as of late. So I would check that out ...

I do know, just two days ago I downloaded the latest version, as my blue voda program did not have all the ip addresses I needed to access. And when I did this, my firewall had to allow access. You do not get the same alerts with microsoft windows firewall as you do with zone alarm, so perhaps there is a problem in there.

Also, today re-arranged things and took a new download of zone alarm and it had to configure myFTP.exe - now if you search for this you will find it is a download from microsoft, (ignore anything that tells you they think it's a trojan or something, there is a bit of that outthere) (it came with my new computer, less than a month old) and when reading up on this to be certain I should grant access, I read the microsoft article about this. This is perhaps a download you should take as it helps with uploading files to your site. I don't know much about your site, but from what I recall, I believe you are uploading plenty at a time ....

I may have just rambled for nothing, but maybe you can find something in this that will help ....

Oh the other thing I know, is when it comes to the ftp manager, you can only see I believe 200 files, not that there is a limit, but there is a limit to seeing them. The files are there, you just can't see them ... This one always confused me, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I give up......I am not a mind reader and I cannot view the insides of your computer.
                          I have read and reread your post and if anyone can view your website then that would narrow down the problem mate.............

hope you fix whatever it is.
                          No worries, thanks for trying, I'll let it go, most of probs in the computer solve themselves usualy, because I give up as well. I tried every single solution.
                          The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                            Here are a few things I know, it's not much, but maybe "clues" that will jog or put someone in another direction for the anwer to your dilemma.

I do remember reading, one of Navels post, once, that he stated during the change over some ips stay there for a little bit to make sure files get moved, or something of that nature (forgive me Navel I do pay attention, lol)
                            So maybe there is something to that, that being why the old ip shows up on the other computer.

The other computer should take the new download for the blue voda software. Has the other computer done that?

I do know when you download the new software, you 1) either have to configure it's access through your firewall (internet security) or as I have seen recommended, to turn your firewall off.

Now you say you do not have any anti-virus on your computer. Okay, but windows automatically comes with a firewall. And these firewalls are doing funny things as of late. So I would check that out ...

I do know, just two days ago I downloaded the latest version, as my blue voda program did not have all the ip addresses I needed to access. And when I did this, my firewall had to allow access. You do not get the same alerts with microsoft windows firewall as you do with zone alarm, so perhaps there is a problem in there.

Also, today re-arranged things and took a new download of zone alarm and it had to configure myFTP.exe - now if you search for this you will find it is a download from microsoft, (ignore anything that tells you they think it's a trojan or something, there is a bit of that outthere) (it came with my new computer, less than a month old) and when reading up on this to be certain I should grant access, I read the microsoft article about this. This is perhaps a download you should take as it helps with uploading files to your site. I don't know much about your site, but from what I recall, I believe you are uploading plenty at a time ....

I may have just rambled for nothing, but maybe you can find something in this that will help ....

Oh the other thing I know, is when it comes to the ftp manager, you can only see I believe 200 files, not that there is a limit, but there is a limit to seeing them. The files are there, you just can't see them ... This one always confused me, lol
                            Thank you ladyeye, but as I said in the post above, I give up, I will just live with it untill it solves itself, I tried everything, enable and disable everything, in one stage I had just windows and BV runing, but I think, I'm not sure, I think it's gonna be an option or a configuration in IE or my internet service account or the ISP itself.

Anyway, thanks guys for everything, and still if anyone can have an idea or was in the same situation and got out of it, may always let me know.

Thanks again.
                            The Producer

Comment

Recently I experienced WEIRD happenings from my isp. Do they happen to RECOMMEND their firewall, popup blocker and virus protection? As a free download? If they do use it to configure your use of the isp and then uninstall it! See if that helps.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X