Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer bluevoda files from one PC to another

Hi there,
    I need to transfer all the work I have done with bluevoda from my pc to a another one which is 6000 miles far.
    Do you know how to do that?
    Saluti
    alas

Re: Transfer bluevoda files from one PC to another

You can do it by creating a folder in your site, and uploading all .bvp files into this folder. Them the other user, should connect with FTP and download all the files from this folder. Please note that you also will have to upload the images that you have used. The new user, on the other computer, will have to re-insert the images in the pages.

Please also note that if you both work on the same site, you will probably have image names conflicts.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ciao Navaldesign,
      Grazie per la dritta.
      But how do I create a folder in my site?
      So far I have been creating and publishing only pages.
      Saluti
      Alas

Comment

Connect with BlueFTP, and click on the right part of your screen (where the site content appears). File > New Folder . Name it, i.e. "masterfiles" . Then you FTP all files in that folder.

Please note that if you use BlueFTP, it will by default connect to your public_html folder, so the above instructins are correct. If you use another FTP software, depending on your settings, it might connect to the root folder, so you will first need to select the "public_html" folder, then create the "masterfiles" folder. Also, the actuall clicks to create a new folder could be different.

Another thing: i prefer to create folders that must NOT be reached by anyone else, in the root directory (which is ABOVE the public_html) so that no one else can see that folder, unless i have granted him FTP access to my site. You see, any folder is searchable by anyone, if he discovers the folder name. There are two solutions to this: 1. Make the folder name "strange", i.e. "mymasters8456" , or, 2. Create and publish in that folder, an index page, with a redirect to your site homepage.
        A bit confusing, but it is simple if you follow the instructions.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much, for your help.
          Alas

Comment

Working...
          X