I Need help with my soho form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need help with my soho form

Hi im haveing a prob with my soho form i made a custom one from text Editor form and u put the submit and its not working can u please help with this
    the link is
    http://www.easy123eloan.com/index.php?pr=Purchase
    my website is www.easy123eloan.com
    can u please tell me why its not working for me
    thank u
    Danny B.

Re: I Need help with my soho form

night,

Soho doesnt like forms not generated from its form maker. Im not sure how to code the page so that it will work, but Naval has done some work and thinks he knows how to get it to do this by some custom code.

The only suggestion i have is if you go to the home page and view source. Copy and paste that source into an html editor like front page or dreamweaver, replace the content in the middle after the ##real time editor## begins, with your form, and then erase until you see the ##ends## notations. You will then have to edit the html images and where it generates the buttons to your full url instead of relative urls, you can test this and play with it. Save the page as formpage.html or something and upload it to your store via ftp into the main directory or even a folder for your files that you create. Then on the menu navigation page it makes a place for you to add a customized page about midway down. See if it will work OUTSIDE of the soho and generate your email.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen thank u ...i try to do with the soho but i dont like the way it comes out its all plan i need it the same way i have it now can i build it on BV and just have it as a link and when they press it they would go to that webpage on BV and send it from there ?

thanks again for your help with this...
      Danny
      Danny B.

Comment

Danny

Yes, You can build it in bv, and then use that menu link to the bv page in the same manner, and it will work that way. I was just offering you a way to also display your template so that it matched your sites. I do this for my links pages, so that i can semi automate link pages...

http://www.grannyscountrynook.com/li...Directory.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

im trying to do it the way u told me the frist time its not really working for me :( how come the bottons ( Submit and Reset ) not working for the text editor so i can do the same as BV is there any easy way to make it work like i have it right now like on my site ? or there is no way for me to leave it like that ?
          Danny B.

Comment

You can also build the form in BV and then place it as custom code in your Soho page.

Anyway, you also need a script to process your form. At the moment the action is set to "info@...." , which means that you tried to have the form mail you directly, but even the "mailto:" is missing.

I suggest that you create a nice page in BV, similar to the look at the rest of your Soho pages, (You can even make it look just like those) have the form in this page, and install a php script (like ABVFP) to process your form info . Then, create a Thank you page, in Soho, but do nOT include this page in your menubar. As soon as the submission has taken place, the visitor will be redirected to this Thank you page and from there he can go on surfing your site.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval,

I didnt LOOK at his script! Thanks for catching that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thank u but if i make a page on BV how can i make it as a custom code and up load it to the site with out masing up the Soho becouse the soho is the main name and is there any video that i can see and ill do it the right way with the right scrip and all ?
                Danny B.

Comment

No, publishing a page in your Soho folder, will NOT create any problem as long as you name it something different from what your Soho pages are. To see how you can create a form in BV and how to create also the relevant php script, have a look at BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1, BlueVoda Form Tutorial 2, Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

I reccomend ABVFP as processing script. Just read the relevant thread and you will see it is worh it.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Night..

Pay attention.. slowly...

1.) If the page is outside soho it wont involve soho scripts and wont interfere!!

2.) IN the navigation icon, if you scroll down below the current menu system you will see there is a place to add a CUSTOMIZED button, simply type in what you want to call it and the URL to this form that you make OUTSIDE of soho and it will INCLUDE the link on your navigation pane and you can MOVE it where you like after its created just like the regular buttons soho generates.

3.) Simply MAKE a folder in the soho folder and name it what you like, MY FORMS, MY PAGES, MY LINKS, whatever, long as YOU know what it is for. Soho is not coded to use it so it will NEVER see it and it wont interfere.

4.)Form submissions all work on some sort of script to accomplish the task you want it to do and at some point you have to INCLUDE the script to run it, either in the coding for the buttons, or as a separate script with the button code calling for the script. Whatever you used to build it probably had preinstalled scripts with the software.. like front page or dreamweaver, those dont copy necessarily when you upload it to a new format like soho, or soho wont read WINDOWS plugins well, which is why it has issues with outside forms!

5.) Read Navals post about blue voda form maker and find the posts dealing with that, or go into your account control panel and fantastico and install one of those form makers and redo your form.

6.) if this is too much, HIRE someone to make the form and install it for you! Naval or David Both do excellent work!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen thank u very much for ur help with this ill start to work on it and hope i can make it work :)
                      and again thank u

Danny B.
                      Danny B.

Comment

Danny

Youre welcome!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X