Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a competition using BlueVoda????

I know it was suggested a short wile back about a challenge for the best website. And rightly so it was mentioned that it may create some friction.
    What I am suggesting is a competition to see who can create the best single 800x600 web page using only Bluevoda & nothing else what so ever. IE:…
    No external images/fonts/scripts/ absolutely nothing but BV.
    Then the top three or so from of each month can be showcased in a view only section of the forum. With maybe some info on how the page was created for others to use.
    Maybe have 2 categories. Like best artistic page created with BV & best technical creation using BV. Open for ideas on this.
    Right! NO LAUGHING! but just to give an idea of what I was thinking, I have put together a few pages on the type of thing I meant. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/shapes1.html 1st page might take a sec to load.
    I personally thought the shapes tool didn’t work very well as I have seen so many sites that look like they have been made with a saw rather than BV shapes. But if used right, some really nice effects can be created with this tool & other facilities that BV has..
    It’s just down to your artistic talents & knowledge of using BV.

Would like to hear if this would be a good idea or not. Some one might suggest a way to vote without creating controversy amongst us all.. Maybe BV’s voting software?
    Open for any ideas if good or bad.

Cheers.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

And what determines the best page? Time loading is only one of hundreds of factors. I still think this would be something that can hurt too many people's feelings.

But if some of you want to do it for fun, go at it. I have too much to do trying to keep up with all the websites I'm working on to make pages like that.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

maybe it doesn't have to be a competition, maybe it is just people posting pages they have made in that manner, using only BV.
      That way we could all learn more ways to use the tools provided for us, and nobody gets squashed..
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

That I could agree with wholeheartedly Liz - and while I might not have time to make these pages, I would like seeing them for ideas :) Just don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yep I agree completely with you Beth. I know I keep finding new things that people have done that I had no idea were possible, and I like that, so I would definately be interested in seeing this kind of thing..
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I have a spare bluevoda website which has not been used yet.

If people like the idea, I would be happy to host and publish any and all such pages.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

david that's be great!
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

If we get any more positive feedback on the idea, I will set something up.....
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Nice one David! Well done. That would be great. Not sure what’s the best way for entrants to get there page’s on the viewing site without making a lot of work for one of us. Maybe a form of some sort where the entrant can just send the page. Should be ok as there will be no images to worry about.

When I say competition, I should have said something more like showcase. That is decided on by a vote from Vodahost viewers, with some a type of 1 vote.. voting system.
                  (OK Then! A competition) lol
                  Maybe marks out of 10 for 3 areas of skill. Maybe? Design/tec & somthing else. Maybe even a simple yes or no vote. Open for ideas on this. But with no facility for comments.

The idea for this is to give newbie’s (& oldies) a chance to see what can be done with BV & a place to where members of the forum can say go to this link & have a look for some ideas & examples. We could start with just BV only pages. And then move onto
                  ????? ideas on how to make a photo album & so on.
                  Basically just different ways & ideas of creating different things to help others, with a working model.

Lazaovich! Thanks for the positive input. I was just thinking of a little more interaction on the forum for the good of all.
                  Basically just different ways & ideas of creating different things to help others.

Hi Beth, i hope we wont create any controversy, or hurt anyone’s feelings. But more to give some guidance to new members on what can be achieved.
                  When I see some of the sites that are up for revue on the forum, it would be nice to be able to point them to some ware for ideas & guidance instead of the feeling that I shoudnt say its not that good. (Lol) But to achieve this, there would have to be some sort input from members to get some pages out there as a guide, that others agree on.
                  The other reason is that I find it strange? is that a forum that has nearly 29000 members? & only has a very few are using the facility. (Strange) Maybe some extra incentives may attract more members to use it & interact to help others. This can only encourage better use of BV.

As David said if there is any feed back I will be more than happy to get started with a list of ideas, (Just to begin with)..

Cheers
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Okay Chris... somebody has too much time on their hands! LOL
                    Actually, I think it is a good idea with the added suggestions of Beth, Liz and David. It would be a great resource of ideas....
                    Naturally Yours,
                    Dori
                    www.earthelixirs.com
                    www.earthelixirsinc.com
                    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dori
                      Okay Chris... somebody has too much time on their hands! LOL
                      Actually, I think it is a good idea with the added suggestions of Beth, Liz and David. It would be a great resource of ideas....
                      Hi Dori, (to much time on my hands) LOL. I have all the time in the world. Or is this too much. I used to say this to my customers, “But I was on a day rate at the time”
                      Right! it’s a beautiful day with blue sky’s in London & the garden has been begging for some attention. So I am off for a dirty afternoon.

Cheers.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Why wouldn't there be any images? Are you saying images can't be used?
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

very impressed with your samples - makes me want to try some things out - it would be nice to see what can be done - we sometimes tend to get stuck in a mind set until someone shakes our box.
                          Ann
                          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

I might participate, but I really don't see the need for David to set up a site ... I would post my page on my own site ....

I would like to see ***** or Bethers have a thread stickied where members can participate as they wish ... an ongoing type of thing, not necessarily a competition. Perhaps I create a page today, and maybe next week I want to create another page to show people. I mean this is what it really is all about, is it not??

So an ongoing sticky thread, and each member wanting to participate, can make their own page, on their own site, and this also gives each member participating, or viewing a look at their own site, for a) help, b) ideas c) link sharing opportunitys d) and more ....

So that is how I would like to see it ... an oportunity to showcase, 1) your own site and 2) any number of pages that you would like to create

I suppose there could be subcategories of this as well ... perhaps a well laid out image page, perhaps a well laid out page using shapes alone, perhaps a well laid out text only page, perhaps a combo page, and perhaps a dream page ... etc. etc.

Just my two cents ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

A fine idea, I say.

I really like the idea of a showcase, as opposed to a competition, limited to BV tools only. It would serve as a way for people considering BV to see what is possible.

And it certainly would be easy to do a page using our own url and post it, so noone has to maintain a special site, good thinking LE

I am thinking not a total site showcase, tho, just BV-tool-made pages, cause don't we already have a showcase site for whole sites? Otherwise it could end up being a duplication, and we all know how much we don't like that...LOL

okay that's my 3 cents worth for the moment..
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X