Can anyone help me????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me????

Hi everyone. I m creating a Real estate website. i have designed 6 pages and have named them "index","buying","selling","rentals","profile" and "contact_us". I have just designed them and nothing more. Now, what is the next step that i should do???? i browsed through the forum but everything is so confusing. so can anyone give me step-by-step procedure, which can guide me through????? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you.

Re: Can anyone help me????

Creating a Real estate website is VERY difficult, because it requires database scripting. However, in your CP, Fantastico, you have the option of installing Open Realty which is a very cool Real Estate script.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval design for ur advise but i am still blank on what to do next. What to do after designing the web pages??? should i directly publish them or there is something else to be done????

Comment

If your website is simply going to be a collection of static pages, then you can just link them (for navigation purposes) and publish them. If, however, you need a dynamic site, with search features, you need a script like Open realty.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Fine then. I have decided to go for Open Reality... Is this script available to me only after i order an account through vodahost???(if yes then i might go for it right away) Is there any example of a website using this script on net, so that i can get a good look on what i m gonna get???

Comment

Yes, it is available after you purchase your account. Have a look at http://www.open-realty.org/
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Naval for all ur help. i might pest u again regarding open realty script.God Bless!

Comment

Hey Naval, i went through the open realty script but i don't want to use all the features that it has. Actually, my website is very simple(since in India people prefer 'friendly' websites and i have only one section where i need some help.
                In one(and this is the only one) page, i need to feed datas. now, these datas , i will regularly update. And i also want that no one else, other than me, should be able to do it(i.e password protected).
                I just don't know where to start with or what to do.
                Can you throw some light my way?

Comment

If that is simply a single page, the simplest solution is that you edit it and republish each time you need to change something. There is no need for password protection: no one but you can edit your pages. Unless there are other people that have access to your account.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                    If that is simply a single page, the simplest solution is that you edit it and republish each time you need to change something. There is no need for password protection: on one but you can edit your pages. Unless there are other people that have access to your account.
                    Thanks Naval.You have always been there in time of help.
                    Access to the account will be only with me. So, should i go on with editing and re publishing? Are there any strings attached to this process?
                    Where can i get more info about editing and re publishing?
                    Thanking you for all ur efforts.
                    Shiva

Comment

Just open the page you need to update, in your BV, edit it by adding or deleting or updating whatever you need, save and republish the page. It will overwrite the previous one.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Got it. Thanks a ton..

Comment

Hi there Naval. I have a few doubts posted all over the forum for which i got no solution and unfortunately i am not able to proceed further with my website.
                          please throw some light on these...

1.How to add a volume tab on my webpage?
                          2.How to write multiple lines in Marquee?
                          3.Is the ad banner rotator visible in the preview mode or not?

Thanking you in advance. You r the best!!
                          regards,
                          Shiva

Comment

1.How to add a volume tab on my webpage?

what is a volume tab ? you mean a volume button ? If yes, BV's media player has a volume button. If the sound is set as background, then there can be no volume control.

2.How to write multiple lines in Marquee?

You cant. But you can create your multiline text, convert it to image, and place it in the marquee. Look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...=image+marquee

3.Is the ad banner rotator visible in the preview mode or not?

Yes.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X