internal links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal links

Do I have the correct definition...are internal links those links on your pages linking to another part of your site.
    I also have reciprocal links but Google doesn't count them, only counts BV and trip advisor, why...just there system or?
    If links are to your own pages, hjow are they viewed by SEs?
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: internal links

Internal links are all the links within your site and search engines do count them and give pages credit based on the links to them. These links show the se's many things - including easy navigability of your site - which helps determine how well they like your site and all the pages on it.

Google does see all your external links but simply chooses not to show them - however, if you have a google account, you can go in that way and see most of your reciprocal links - and that is the ONLY way they'll show them to you (and even that they say is "most"). That's just Google :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Beth, as always I can count on you! So do a lot of internal links tying text to photos or ? on another page help or do no good at all. I mean can I use a word or phrase such as Inscribed bricks and tie it to a page titled inscribed bricks page, or something on a page having to do or describing same...Is it helpful?
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

If the links will be good for your customers - then they are good to have. If you are only looking to add them to make the search engines happy, don't bother. Remember - the search engines want to see what your customers/visitors want to see. Linking should be there because it belongs and is needed.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Got'cha Beth,

Thanks.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hello,

Can anyone enlighten me on how to create internal links within a page to link different sub-headings or sections.

Comment

I think you mean anchoring text?

<a name="target" href="http://www.domain.com/page.html">Optional Text</a>
              or in the same page:

<a name="target">Optional Text</a>
              for more info go here...
              http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/a.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X