Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add a volume button on the website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add a volume button on the website?

hi, please anyone tell me how should i add the "music-on/off" and "volume" button on my website or for that matter if anyone could redirect me where i can find info on this topic. With lots of thanks.

Re: How to add a volume button on the website?

Hope this helps

bubbee21 wrote:

Re: Tip Request
    Hi, I have a great program for inserting mp3s (music) into a web page.
    here are the instructions:
    Sounds--Music--and more

Custom recorded message

If you would like to record a personal message to be played on your site- you can use the voice recorder in Windows -Accessories. It will be saved as a wav file which you can then upload to the server via the FTP Manager. You can then reference it with a hyper-link like so;
    For example- Click
    Here-to hear a short wav file I produced using the Sound Recorder.

This is would work for a song also.

I prefer to use this method - Copy the script below and then open an HTML box and paste it inside. Close the box and re-size to about 1 inch long by 1/2 in tall. This will produce a small player console that the visitor can turn on/off (see below). Position it on the web-page where you want it. Then put text above or below it to instruct your visitor what it is and what they are supposed to do with it.

<embed src="
    yourmusic.mid"

width="145" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
    </embed>

**Note: To make the music play automatically the parameter is Autostart="TRUE" You can put "FALSE" instead of "TRUE" so the person visiting your page will have to click on the play button for it to start.

Again- this will also work for songs or any type music file.
    Music on web-page with visitor shut off button:

Embed music on the web-page that loads and starts when the page is brought up and supply a small shut off button for the visitor. Copy the script below and paste in HTML box. Re-size to 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and then place on page where you want.

<embed src="
    yourmusic.mid"

width=70 height=25 autostart=true repeat=true loop=true> </embed>

You would obviously replace the
    "yourmusic.mid" with what ever music or wav file you wish.

**For this tutorial- the the auto start feature has been shut off
    **MORE OFTEN THAN NOT (IN MY OPINION) MUSIC THAT STARTS AUTOMATICALLY ON A PAGE IS ANNOYING. I ALWAYS APPRECIATE IT WHEN THEY PROVIDE A WAY TO TURN IT OFF.
    ***Note: Mp3's are not allowed to be posted on the VH server unless you are the Artist.

Comment

Done. Thanks AmaDee for helping out. But what about the "Volume" incresing and decreasing tab??? Any suggestions?

Comment

no, I personally do not deal with audios, so I haven't the clue. Anyone?

Comment

great bit of code - thanks!

any chance there's similar code that means the player DOESN'T have to have QuickTime installed?

Comment

Working...
          X