spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spam

Aloha, I am being spammed in my blog (wordpress) and I haven't marketed it yet. Somehow this fool has found it and he is spamming. Any help will be appreciated.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: spam

You can not stop someone from posting on your blog, this is why you have blog, for people to post. What you can do is manualy review and decline or accept each post.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I would suggest setting the blog as Voda suggests. By doing this you can decide what content gets seen by your visitors. Thisn is more time consuming but these things need doing to keep your content clean.
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thanks Mook, I have set it up where I have to moderate entries before they are posted so I can delete them before they reach the blog.
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

< Exactly the reason I prefer Forums......with so many templates and configurable designs nowadays, they are literally indestinguishable, but dramatically different in features and functionality! >
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            < Exactly the reason I prefer Forums......with so many templates and configurable designs nowadays, they are literally indestinguishable, but dramatically different in features and functionality! >
            They're all susceptible to spammers. If it's on the web and there's a post or reply button, spammers are gonna find it.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I had massive problems with spam - far too many top manually decline each one and still get any work done so I went in my admin settings on WP and switched comments off - since then no more spam!
              www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Comment

Working...
              X