Need help with a .jpeg image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a .jpeg image

I want to put a sample of my product on my site. I have a cover page and several sample pages from a study I wrote. I turned the samples into a .jpeg. Initially, I inserted the samples on my Products page but they were just simply too large. It made the page gigantic. What I want to do is have a tab or button that the user can click on and the .jpeg file will come up, either in a new window or however. I finally did figure out how to do that, but when you click on the button, the image comes up really big and then shrinks down too small to read on screen. Is there a way to make it large enough to read? Do I have to create a new page? I would love to show a miniature of the .jpeg and then when the user clicks on it a larger image pops up. I have seen this done, just don't know how to do it.
    I am having so much fun figuring all of this new computer stuff out.
    Thanks!
    Sherri
    www.sherrijohnsonministries.com

Re: Need help with a .jpeg image

A simple way to do this is to make two images, one smaller and then one bigger. Then link the small image to the big one to see it larger and have it open in a new window rather than have your Page open in a new window.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Use the gallery function. It will make the thumbnails for you. The gallery button is on the left hand vertical tool bar 4th from the bottom.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

I am going to try those suggestions right now. I had not tried the gallery funtion. Thanks so much!

Comment

Hey, that gallery function is awesome. I love the pop up window. My pages are still too small to read when you click on the thumbnail and then too large when you click the zoom in feature. I guess I may have to put a note on the page that if they want to read it clearly they can print that page.
          Thanks!
          Sherri

Comment

Sherri, have you tried optimizing the picture so that the pop up is the size you want it to be to read clearly?
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

If you need help, send me the photo's and I will resize some for you (I need to know the size, however). When the gallery feature appears on your BV page, you can drag on a corner and enlarge it for better viewing.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

I am still having a bit of trouble with this. I do not like that in the gallery function when someone clicks on the pictures I have they come up really big and then shrink down too small. So, I thought I would hyperlink them. I tried that, and I created a blue underlined word, but when you click on it, it doesn't go to anything. When I chose a file, I chose the picture file I wanted the link to go to. I must have missed a step. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                X