making movie box bigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making movie box bigger?

i have successfully uploaded a movie to my site - now i would like to make the box bigger. how do i do that? i would also like to add some banners to fit around the film. again are there tutorials that will help me out with this?

thanks,
    MrMagoo
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: making movie box bigger?

sounds like this is probably a coding issue but if you are using bluevoda then you can probably just drag it to the size you want. Not sure if this helps in anyway as i can't view it because of blocks on my pc at work but it shows how to add movies to your webpage and may have some priceless information within. If not all the other tutorials can be found here. have a look and see what's there.

If you're not using bluevoda then if you post a link to the page where the movie resides, i can take a look and advise on how you need to ammend your code to resize the video.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Magoo:
      Using Flash or others, just drag the corners to desired size. (The size will determine the quality of your output so do some testing). Can't help you with the banners. I don't like them as I want the focus to be on the video. Here are some clips (www.e-webvid.com/IBCclips.html), the top one with connection speed options. These are done in Flash.
      Hope this helps some.

Comment

hello;
        I have figured out the problem and appreciate the help. i have looked at the links and really enjoyed the blue. put link on my favorites and will revisit often. i am using voda blue and learning slowly but surely. one page that i'm doing is www.videopostcards.info/weddings.html Let me know what you think - I made the slide for them. Would appreciate any comnments.

Cant see very well you know!
        Magoo
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

MrMagoo:
          Some Daddy has deep pockets for that wedding. The song is a good choice. The photos are good, the transitions are good.
          A couple of technical hints though, so don't be offended. They are just suggestions. Everybody has their own views.
          1. The size of the video screen causes it to lose some clarity. Trim it down some, or compress the video at a higher connection speed, say 500 to 1000. And center the video in the page. It looks a little odd hanging to the left column.
          2. For the page itself, right click your page and go to properties. Click the 'center in browser'. And also change the page width to 800.
          3. Put your message below the video somewhere. People are annoyed by scrolling right. They don't mind scrolling down.
          Keep working at it. It get's easier the more variations you try.
          Glad you liked the Blues clips.
          Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144
            hello;
            I have figured out the problem and appreciate the help. i have looked at the links and really enjoyed the blue. put link on my favorites and will revisit often. i am using voda blue and learning slowly but surely. one page that i'm doing is www.videopostcards.info/weddings.html Let me know what you think - I made the slide for them. Would appreciate any comnments.

Cant see very well you know!
            Magoo
            Magoo, just had a look at your page. You might want to consider making the video alittle smaller, as there is a sidescroll now, and your name and contact infor are off the page to the right.
            Most people agree that the optimum width should be set at 800, so that most possible customers can view it without have to sidescroll, a real turnoff.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
            X