Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a look at my site

Got your attention?
    This is our first post... seriously we would greatly appreciate you guys taking a look at our site.
    We have been with VH for about 7 months now since we opened out retail store.
    I have only just noticed this forum.
    One of the greatest needs we have is a pre-loader.
    We have permission from a well known recording artist/actress to use one of her hits on our site however, due to this file and all the pics we have it takes too long to load.
    (We have taken the music off for now)
    Can anyone offer suggestions on where we can obtain a pre-loader and apply it to our site.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Caution: filling may be hot

Re: Have a look at my Hot_dog

As a VodaHost client, you have the ability to incorporate Soholaunch (the website builder and eCommerce solution that allows downloads and eBook options) or osCommerce as foundations, both of which import (load) via .csl and .xcl formats without difficulty.

osCommerce singularly can be serviced by a Cart Manager, which allows for remote and multiple seat administration in an accelerated environment from your own desktop! > Learn More Here and find Another Version Here

Apparently, you need to choose some type of eCommerce solution/shopping cart, as your current BV-created site is little more than an informational or "presentation" site, doomed to insignificance inasmuch as the pages are not properly titled nor the Page Properties (Page Description, KeyWords, Meta, etc.) completed yet......these are essential to make your site "Search Engine-friendly" and SEO-prepared for proper ranking and caching!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Have a look at my Hot_dog

If you mean by pre-loader - that your site will load faster on other people's computers, there is no such thing. The only way it can do that is if they've already been to your site and they keep you in their cache. Then on return it will open faster. However, most people, at least occasionally, clear out their cache (or they should - as it will end up slowing all of their computer down).

Since I looked at your site - but there is only one page in English, it's hard for me to really judge - but first, lots of pictures will always take longer loading. So you need to optimize the pictures. Have you used pic resizer (or any tool) to do this?

You aren't in the site review room- but I suggest you head over there for a site review- as there is much else you can do to help your site - like adding navigation from all the pages, title tags to pages, make it so I can find my way to the store without having to search for it :) But then all I see is a picture of your retail store? Do you sell online? Lots you can do to make this site work for you!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Have a look at my site

Whaa?
        Indeed this thread IS in the VodaTalk "Showcase" and some solid suggestions were mentioned, weren't they Beth???
        Or are my posts in invisible ink?

Comment

Since I had this thread opened before you typed and my multi-tasking got me sidetracked, I had not seen your post before I posted, Vasili - as it wasn't there yet then.

I simply suggested he might want a site review that would go in more depth to what I was saying (and actually to what you said, now that I read it). And I got confused what room I was in, it appears.

Don't go getting paranoid on me - lol
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I side tracked her.. lmfao.. YOU can blame me.. and my halo!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No Big.....just another instance of my "beating MY wings" I guess?

LOL
              angel wings, you goof!

Comment

Thank you people.
                The purpose of our site is not to sell online from (mail order) as such.
                However we can sell online but do not wish to publish pricing or add a shopping cart at this stage.
                It is primarily to show people what we stock in our store.
                We usually only publish our website address in our advertising,
                helps us measure stats.
                Thank you again for the suggestions thus far, I will have my partner look at them today.
                Beth... re- the pre loader I mean the percentage bar that goes from
                0 -100% loaded prior to a page opening.
                prevents half or slow loading pics as a page opens.
                All the best fashion houses have them.

Comment

In that case it looks great, loads fast for me as I'm on DSL.
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

What you are calling a preloader I only see on movies, etc - have not seen on pages of pictures. Can you provide a url of one using what you're looking for?
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Have a look at my site

Ok we are placing titles on the pages as I write this.

Beth... please refer to http://www.dkny.com/ re- example of a pre-loader I am after (see percentage loading mid screen)
                      PLEASE if anyone can assist in regard to this we would be very greatful.

Comment

As I stated in my previous post - they did not simply put images on the page - that is input using flash - and that will give you the loading information.

Your pages are simply, at this point, pictures added to the page. Totally different. If you want to do a flash/movie presentation of your pictures, then there are many, many programs out there that would do this.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

< I think there is some confusion regarding how a 'status icon' for either Flash/Flash8 , Swish, or Java element is being confused with a function itself. Depending on which medium he seeks to use, he may be able to script up a dialog bog to present, but as mentioned earlier, it is not a "preloader" intended for pictures or static elements. >

Whoops! Beat me to it, Beth....no big....I'll let it stay anyway...

Comment

Ok seems like we need to make a flash movie or the like to allow the music track we want to use to load faster.
                            A bit too complicated for us I am afraid.

Would you people mind having a quick look at this page and tell me how long it takes for the music to come in.
                            the web is a little slow here so I cant tell if its taking too long.
                            www.hotdogz.infñ/en.html

its a long track so may take longer than expected???

thanks

Comment

BTW on your first page you have written click here to enter. It would be nice if that particular text worked as a link, in addition to the picture. I clicked and clicked on the text to enter but no joy.. now I am a bit of a dim bulb and others will get it right away. but there may be more like me out there..
                              Liz
                              www.sebastopolparty.com
                              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
                              X