Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web address basically the keyword

Hello everyone,

I have just made a web address add on (2nd website). I do catering for baked potatoes and my website address is bakedpotatoes.com.au
    I thought that by having this web address that when someone typed baked potatoes into google search that it would have automatically come up on page 1. Obviously I was silly in thinking this because this has not happened. Either way I still wanted this web address but is anyone able to explain to me as to why if this is a web address that it would not automatically be at the front if you typed the actual word, or even anywhere since I cannot even locate it. I can only find my company if I type baked potatoes catering and that is with a directory that I added myself to not my actual website!!!
    Its funny because my other business is very close to the front of google with several words that are typed into search and has not been in action for a great length of time and I thought this one would have made it there in no time.
    Thank you

Leanne (Willows)

Adding to the above

Forgot to mention the reason I also thought this, is when you type the actual word of my first website willows candles it brings up everything to do with willowscandles.com.au which is my site. So guess I just assumed if you typed baked potatoes it would bring up bakedpotatoes.com.au

Hope I am making sense in what I am saying and not speaking a different language.

Leanne (Willows)

Comment

Re: web address basically the keyword

Leanne,
      It probably will help in the long run - but the url of the website is only one of hundreds of considerations the se's use when looking at the sites. Plus, have they even indexed the new site yet? Until they find it and index it, it can't come up anywhere in searches.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        Leanne,
        It probably will help in the long run - but the url of the website is only one of hundreds of considerations the se's use when looking at the sites. Plus, have they even indexed the new site yet? Until they find it and index it, it can't come up anywhere in searches.
        Yes but it has only been indexed last couple of days. I just wanted a miracle and for it to come straight to page 1 as soon as it was crawled. Not asking for much am I??
        Thanks Bethers for answering this and for answering my sitemap query.
        You are a doll. When I was typing my question, I said to my husband, "I bet Bethers comes to my rescue, she is the Google Queen". And sure enough I open it this am and there you are. Thank you so much.
        Leanne

Comment

Leanne,
          Beth, just wanted to let you know that it is now on Page 1 of Google.
          And we are very excited!
          Thank you for all the times you have responded to my questions, it is really appreciated. Leanne

Comment

You're very welcome - and I'm sure it's on page 1 of Google for many factors - I just looked and you have it in your page title, in your headline on the page and everywhere on the page. You're definitely optimized for that term.

Now, why didn't I ever think about going into that business? LOL

I used to fix 50 baked potatoes every month for a fundraiser for a local group - they needed about 250 - 300 - and a bunch of us would do 50 each. I did a family reunion and they all said I couldn't do baked potatoes for a dinner in 90 degree weather - little did they know I know how to cook them at 6 in the morning and keep them so you think they came straight from the oven at 7 at night. :)

Looks like a very interesting business! Good luck to you.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

You're very welcome - and I'm sure it's on page 1 of Google for many factors - I just looked and you have it in your page title, in your headline on the page and everywhere on the page. You're definitely optimized for that term.

Now, why didn't I ever think about going into that business? LOL

I used to fix 50 baked potatoes every month for a fundraiser for a local group - they needed about 250 - 300 - and a bunch of us would do 50 each. I did a family reunion and they all said I couldn't do baked potatoes for a dinner in 90 degree weather - little did they know I know how to cook them at 6 in the morning and keep them so you think they came straight from the oven at 7 at night. :)

Looks like a very interesting business! Good luck to you.
              Wow! The things you learn about people.
              I do my candles during the week while I am at home with my 1 and 3 year old and baked potatoes with my husband on weekends (so then mum can watch the girls for me). All of a sudden (last couple of weeks) both are starting to take off. Don't think I was expecting this from the candles but hey I shouldn't complain, its nice to have an extra wage and yet still being at home with the little ones. Don't know if you noticed but I do not see another baked potato catering place in Melbourne and I could not believe that the bakedpotatoes website was still available. The silly buggars (the ones I know of) haven't even got a website for their baked potato catering. Again, I am not complaining.
              I have to say both my websites ranking with google are really good. I learnt alot from reading threads by you and fiddled with things on my sites and now it has all worked. You truly are the Google Queen!
              Don't think you realise how much you actually have helped people.
              PS. Let me know your secret of the cooking early in the morning and them tasting like they have just come straight from the oven at night?
              We have an actual baked potato oven inside our food van (which gets really hot in summer), it has 3 drawers and a warming oven at the top.
              They need to be used within 3 hours otherwise they start to shrivel. Mind you, my last festival didnt need to worry as we sold out. Catering doesnt matter because you have them ready by a certain time and out the serving window they go. But some markets they dont sell as quickly. What is your secret? (If you dont mind sharing it that is).
              Leanne

Comment

Oh I love baked potatos......Sorry I am late but I love your van, ahhhhhh baked potato with tuna and beans ..mmmmmmmmm
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Leanne, thank you so much for the praise!

I just sent you an email on how we fixed the potatoes. Make sure you let me know if you try it and if it works for you.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I love fire baked potatoes. Im sure your's are wonderful too. Im sure if someone searches for bakedpotatoes they wont be disappointed. Gluck.
                    Best Regards,
                    Alex
                    Surveillance Systems
                    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Can you ship me a baked potato and have it arrive still warm?
                      Affordable Medical Insurance
                      Discount Dental Plan
                      Washington State Health Insurance
                      Temporary Health Insurance
                      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx
                        Can you ship me a baked potato and have it arrive still warm?
                        come to melbourne and i guarantee it will be hot
                        would you like sour cream and bacon with that (I sound like McDonalds)

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                          Oh I love baked potatos......Sorry I am late but I love your van, ahhhhhh baked potato with tuna and beans ..mmmmmmmmm
                          Sorry just noticed your response. Well it appears the Aussies don't like Baked Beans. My whole family is English and they told me the Baked Potato thing, however no one ordered baked beans except for one lady who was Irish so I thought it was just a United Kingdom thing. So obviously the American's like it too. Unless ofcourse you have UK background.
                          Thank you for your comment on our food van. Alot of people make comments on it when they see it. Our Council (health department) love it.
                          Its actually nicer in real life. Sadly the photo does not do it justice. It has got 3 sinks, Gas Potato Oven and deli fridge.
                          Let me know if you are ever in Australia and we will see what we can do about the Tuna and baked beans for you.

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                            Aha....just checked out your details and saw that you have a uk website.
                            Now that explains everything!!!!

Comment

Would love to go to Melbourne. Pretty liong way to go for a baked potato!
                              Affordable Medical Insurance
                              Discount Dental Plan
                              Washington State Health Insurance
                              Temporary Health Insurance
                              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                              X