Button Hyperlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button Hyperlink

In my homepage ( www.meetsupplychain.com ), I have button Create Profile, which is hyperlinked to a form (did it in advanced text editor). However the button doesn't work. In the same page, I also have the text Create Profile, hyperlinked to same form, which works well.

I have tried changing the input properties to Submit. But even then it doesn't work.

Re: Button Hyperlink Not Working

Create Profile
    it worked for me.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not sure what's wrong.....I tried again, still didn't work. If I right click the button, in properties it shows URL:blank, however in the status bar left bottom it shows the targeted form page.

Comment

Ash..

Thats a form button yes? That you created for example in frontpage or something? You didnt use soho to create it and link to the form, your method is "post", but there isnt anything to post because that form is on another page. You could try to change that POST to link, but not sure that would work either. Just make a button image and link it is my suggestion.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have used the button icon in Soho Text Editor. How do I change from Post to Link? No option in the input properties..if I right click on it.

Comment

Ash..

Ill have to go look at this.. but I dont think u can make a FORM button link to a form on another page in SOHO.

Youd be better uploading a button image and using it.. but I will go look.. give me a minute...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Nope you cant code it to work without a script! Or at least I couldnt.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Button Hyperlink

Now I have downloaded a button from another site (freebuttons.com), customized for the link to my form page and placed in my home page. It is working. I would have liked this feature to be available in Soho itself.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Re: Button Hyperlink

Ash,

Theres Buttons and then theres Buttons! I guess I could have given you css code to draw the button and link to it to, but the Button you are trying to use is a FORM Button. When using a Form button Theres a required action to go along with it, and a set of RULES for it to follow, and generally speaking, the rules for it are contained inside the form its dealing with. To make it do something else, requires a script or a subset of rules to gather information or to a different action outside of the form. Without giving you a tutorial on programming or forms, the intent of that BUTTON isnt for making LINKS to something else, but for making a form!

I understand your frustration, that as a novice it would look like hey gee! I can just design my own buttons, but its there to make a custom form, and not buttons like a menu button to link to another page! That little tool bar there for the text boxes, button, etc is like the tool bar in Word to make a fill in form, etc in a word processor, which is why its in the text editor.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X