Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with a Flash photo gallery

Hi,

I'm an absolute novice so you'll have to bear with me while I explain my problem.

I have downloaded a trial version of a photo gallery that is exacly what I want but I just can't figure it out,I've been onto the help section of the software but it is all gobbledegook to me and you guys are my only hope.

Basically,I have created a flash photo gallery and when I save it to my PC,there are three files and one folder:
    Files
    myalbum.html
    myalbum.swf
    myalbum.xml
    Folder
    my album
    The folder contains the jpegs that I want in the gallery.

The instructions are to simply insert the html code into my webpage but when I do I get a white box that is the size of the album.

Has anyone any idea just what I'm doing wrong,thanks.

http://www.nigelharman-thewebsite.co.uk/

Re: Struggling with a Flash photo gallery

generally there will be a white box there when you are building it, but when you preview or publish you get the album.. Is this what you are talking about? have you published it?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Liz,
      I'm getting the white box on the site after the page is published but I'm only putting the html code in and when you say 'building' I'm beginning to get the feeling that this isn't enough.

This is the reply I got from support at the software supplier but I'm afraid it means nothing to me.
      [quote]Seeing white boxes usually means a file is out of place. Make sure it's in this structure (ex. if saved as "myalbum"):
      myalbum.html
      myalbum.swf
      myalbum.xml
      myalbum_files (jpgs inside).

I can open the swf,html and album files in explorer but on a web page - white box *sigh*

Comment

try inserting the swf file instead if the html
        insert-advanced-flash
        that's where it goes.
        see if that works. you will still get a box, but it should play when your preview.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks for your reply but that doesn't work I'm afraid.
          I've been playing around with the files and have found that if I put the xml file into Java and the swf file into flash the gallery is almost working,I have the outline of the gallery as it should be but the images aren't showing up so I suppose I am progressing slowly.
          It's frustrating because the programme is really impressive and very versatile,if anyone wants to take a look,here's the link to it:

http://www.coffeecup.com/photo-gallery/

Thanks again for checking this out for me.
          Ann

Comment

When you are making the gallery do you have the option to publish it to your server?
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

I prefer http://jalbum.net/

see www.zone5pix.com/Our-Family
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

In Coffeecup you have a upload button after you have made your gallery save it as whatever you want, you then get to open windows on the right you will have a code which should be pasted in to the page you want it to appear ( using the html box on the tool bar ).
                on the left you will have the files the program made with a upload button under it. click that, if this is the first time uploading you will have to fill in the server details ie ip address, username, password, also were you want to upload the files, this will be public_html/ now you might want two put them in a folder so you will have to make a folder on your server using your ftp manager. if you do this option it will be public_html/foldername/ but you will have to change the html code slightly on your page. when publish . if you have put the right info coffee cup will then publish all the file in that folder or straight on the your server.

Comment

Thanks so much for checking this out for me.
                  I had managed to upload the files ok into public-html and could see them in ftp manager but it was illogical thet just pasting the html into the page would locate all the files I needed,if that makes sense to someone who probably finds this quite basic.
                  I'll try again,making the folder as you suggest,I assume the html just needs the folder name adding so I'll give it a whirl.I'll let you know if I succeed,thanks again.

Comment

Sorry i should really concentrate more at night, i beleave that coffee cup album is flash based so the code would go in the flash box or pasted into the page after the body tag.
                    should not go in the html box, ( slap on rist for me. )

Comment

I finally gave up with Coffecup,nothing seems to work no matter what I do.

I have found a good replacement programme so I'm a happy bunny now.

Thanks for your help though,much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X