Help with the mailto form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the mailto form

Hi, I'm new with Voda and have a problem with the mailto PHP script I found at http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html and implemented in the site I'm building. I made some changes in th script in order to keep the layout and design of the site, so I had to remove the "exit" command of each "if" and change some "if"'s for "elseif"'s because it wasn't completing the display of html. Everything seems to work fine except that I dont' get the emails in to my email. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the last part of the script.

The form is in www.wwmediasoft.com/mycustombooks/contact.html

Thank's in advance for any help

Re: Help with the mailto form

Your form seems ok, so it should depend on your script. Post here the code so we can have a look.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the uick replay navaldesign. Here is the code :

<?php
      $name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'];
      $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
      $comments = $HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'];
      if (strlen($name) == 0)
      {
      echo "<div align='center'><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size='3' color='white'><b><i>Upsssss! Something is wrong.</i></b></font><br><br></div>";
      echo "<div align='center'><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size='2'>It appears that you have forgot to fill in your name in the Name field.<br>Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter your name.<br><br>Thank you!</font></div>";
      } elseif (strlen($name) >=30)
      {
      echo "The length limit for the Name field cannot exceed 30 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
      } elseif (strlen($email) == 0)
      {
      echo "The E-mail field is a required entry. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter a contact E-mail address. Thank you!";
      } elseif (strlen($email) >= 45)
      {
      echo "The length limit for the E-Mail field cannot exceed 45 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
      } elseif (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
      {
      echo "I believe that there is an error in the way you entered your E-mail address. Please check your entry and re-submit. Thank you!";
      } elseif (strlen($comments) >= 300)
      {
      echo "The comments area is limited to 300 characters / spaces. It appears that you have exceeded that limit. Please use the back button to return to the form and shorten this entry.Thank you!";
      } elseif (substr_count($comments , '@') > "2")
      {
      echo "For security reasons this text (comments) area limits the number of @ symbols that can appear within it. It would appear that you have exceeded that number. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and correct this. Thank you for your patience!";
      } else {
      //SEND MAIL
      $mailto = "horacio@wwmediasoft.com";
      $mailsubj = "Customer contacting you";
      $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
      reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
      $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
      while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
      {$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";}
      mail($mailto,$mailsubj,$mailbody,$mailhead);
      echo "Thank you for visiting our site and filling out our form. We will get back to you very soon!";
      }
      ?>

Thank you

Comment

If what i see is correct, then your own email address is wrong: you have ww infront of mediasoft

$mailto = "horacio@wwmediasoft.com";

and of course you will never receive the mail
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks navaldesign. The email is correct : horacio@wwmediasoft.com It is with 2 "w" at the begining. I'm stuck. Could be what is within the clause "else"? I had to add some additional "{" and "}" but donīt know if that affects the script (I'm new in PHP)

Comment

Just mailed you and also tested your form. Please check your inbox and reply.
            Navaldesign

Comment

I just erase some info from my former email hosting provider, and now I can get the messages from the form (I just check in mailweb), but for any strange reason I can not retrive them with outlook. The outlook process the send/receive request ok, but nothing comes down. It seems that the 2 mail servers are working in a way (ŋ?) I guess I have to check in the email forum.

Thanks for your prompt help.

Comment

Working...
              X