Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing My site from Adobe GoLive - Help PLS

Hi,

When you want to publish a site from GoLive, you have to enter the server information and the protocols etc.

Note : When you publish from GoLive, you don't do so by publishing each page in its own, you publish the entire site at once, because all the links and subpages are created in GoLive itself at first place.

Here's my question :

1 - there is 3 protocols in GoLive which you need to choose one of them :
    + file
    + ftp
    + http
    Which one should I use?
    The Producer

Re: Publishing My site from Adobe GoLive - Help PLS

Hmmm .. I am not sure, I would have to try GoLive which I haven't yet, now can't you just save each page and drag them into your FTP, or its a completly different story here?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

If you are using BV to create your pages then you should publish using BV otherwise some of the BV items will not work............
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

David, he is not using BlueVoda, he is trying to use a Adobe GoLive it is like Macromedia Dreamweaver but Adobe wise.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
          Hmmm .. I am not sure, I would have to try GoLive which I haven't yet, now can't you just save each page and drag them into your FTP, or its a completly different story here?
          it is a different story, actually I was watching a video tutorial of the GoLive CS "it's pretty cool" because it is easy to use CSS in there without knowing a leak of coding.

so, in the end, they said I have to ask my hosting provider which protocol I have to use to PUBLISH my pages, but he explained as well that you can just drag and drop from my drive to my server but I need to know which protocol to use to publish properly.

That means that I can drag and drop, "well I didn't try yet" that's why I'm waiting for somebody to let me know which protocol I have to use.

Thanks.
          The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
            If you are using BV to create your pages then you should publish using BV otherwise some of the BV items will not work............
            As Jeremy said, it's Adobe GoLive, and I guess it is mentioned in the title of this thread as it is the main subject.

Thanks.
            The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
              it is a different story, actually I was watching a video tutorial of the GoLive CS "it's pretty cool" because it is easy to use CSS in there without knowing a leak of coding.

so, in the end, they said I have to ask my hosting provider which protocol I have to use to PUBLISH my pages, but he explained as well that you can just drag and drop from my drive to my server but I need to know which protocol to use to publish properly.

That means that I can drag and drop, "well I didn't try yet" that's why I'm waiting for somebody to let me know which protocol I have to use.

Thanks.
              Choose ftp. All the options have their pros and cons, but ftp is nice and quick and reduces the chances of server side issues.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

As Jeremy said, it's Adobe GoLive, and I guess it is mentioned in the title of this thread as it is the main subject.

Thanks.
                He was only trying to help, bro. Frustration is understandable, but a reply like that to someone making an effort really isn't necessary. You could ignore or just say 'thanks'.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                  He was only trying to help, bro. Frustration is understandable, but a reply like that to someone making an effort really isn't necessary. You could ignore or just say 'thanks'.
                  I didn't mean anything about what I said, I just tried to explain what's going on in here, the subject was just clear enough to understand the issue, so I just recleared it here.

Because what happened before, not with him or anybody in this thread now, "somebody else, which he might pass by and know that was him" tried to abuse on my thread, asking me some dump questions like I was stupid or don't understand the language.

The point to say that, I was explaining him everytime what's the issue, and everytime he asked me, do you use BV?, do you have a VH account etc etc.

So the thread went down to many posts that maybe the guy or lady who could help me, find that there is too many posts which pushed him/her away cuz he/she thought I might found help or it is just simply too much to read to know what to do.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend or anything like that. but you got what I mean. right?
                  The Producer

Comment

THis just aint your day! Haha
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

it is my day as I discovered GoLive and it's great tools, but I'm just trying to make sens mate, I'm from earth really.
                      The Producer

Comment

Nite Producer:
                        No problems......As I have never heard of Adobe GoLive before, I thought that you were trying to use a different program to upload everything at once.(that would be nice!!). Anyway I was not offended.
                        Hope you get it working OK.

Race:
                        Thanks my friend, I have been around long enough to give an answer, then its up to him/her to accept or reject that advice. Your reply was on the button.....................
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I didn't mean anything about what I said, I just tried to explain what's going on in here, the subject was just clear enough to understand the issue, so I just recleared it here.

Because what happened before, not with him or anybody in this thread now, "somebody else, which he might pass by and know that was him" tried to abuse on my thread, asking me some dump questions like I was stupid or don't understand the language.

The point to say that, I was explaining him everytime what's the issue, and everytime he asked me, do you use BV?, do you have a VH account etc etc.

So the thread went down to many posts that maybe the guy or lady who could help me, find that there is too many posts which pushed him/her away cuz he/she thought I might found help or it is just simply too much to read to know what to do.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend or anything like that. but you got what I mean. right?
                          Like I said, use the ftp protocol and you'll be fine.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                            Like I said, use the ftp protocol and you'll be fine.
                            Thanks mate, I owe you 2 now, an old one was greatfuly helpful.

cheers.
                            The Producer

Comment

Working...
                            X