Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally "Voda-ized" -- Ready For Inspection Troops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally "Voda-ized" -- Ready For Inspection Troops!

My nameservers have switched my site over from SOI and I am so pleased to be with VodaHost now. Still have to "tweak" a few pages, but wanted to switch over as quick as possible.

Thanks to all who helped me with my color choices, php and so much more.

Take a look and let me know what you think. As soon as I figure out how to get them into my shopping cart, I'll be offering VH members a special discount code.
    Sheryl Tupa
    Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
    Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
    New Baby Cartoons
    Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
    Cloud Nine Photo Magic
    Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Re: Totally "Voda-ized" -- Ready For Inspection Troops!

Looks great Sheryl....Well done
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

I love the idea... wishing you every success!
      you seem to have covered all bases in the site.
      Caution: filling may be hot

Comment

Thank you Sharon & "Hot Dog". I'm amazed at how customer friendly I could make this website using Blue Voda.
        Sheryl Tupa
        New Baby Cartoons
        Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Sheryl,
          I played around in there last night. You did a great job! I think I had a comment then, but can't remember it now- you can rest assured, I'll do so if/when it pops back into my brain!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sometimes I just worry too much. I'm pleased with the way it came out too. I've always wanted to be able to have customer change the color matte behind the product picture. Couldn't have done it without Blue Voda and all the great help I received.
            Sheryl Tupa
            New Baby Cartoons
            Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Sheryl you have a really nice site and really nice artwork too, I always did like those types of drawings .... good luck with this, everything looks great ... super job!! Nice & colorful, just the way it should be ....Organized really well too!! .... Congrats!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye, I appreciate the compliments.
                Sheryl Tupa
                New Baby Cartoons
                Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Hi Sheryl,

Glad to see you come over from SOI. I did on one of my stores sometime last week.

I like the work you have put into it and really think it looks better than where you had it. It's nice, clean and crisp. Excellant job and great design.
                  Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hi, looking real good. Can see you have spent some time on this one.
                    Couple of extras you may like to add & few bits I wasn’t sure on?
                    • On the http://www.cust-m-cartoons.com/freecolorcatalog.php page it maybe nice to have a PDF image & link for those that may not be up to date.
                    • Getting a 404 on this page ? http://www.cust-m-cartoons.com/horselover.php this was the link from Kids cartoons.
                    • Maybe am missing something completely! But as most of the cartoons are 10x8, could these not be offered as a download, as if you are charging 3to5 dollars shipping I could get an extra one free with a download. Only an idea.
                    • If the above was offered as a download you could also open the site to a lot larger audience. (The world)
                    • Not sure if you take pay pal. Might be nice to add in at a later date if pos. As Its quick & friendly for those that can’t be bothered filling out another payment form.
                    Have to agree with a comment made a wile back about the rounded edges on the shapes that are under the main header & base on most pages, looking jagged on the rounded ends.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I really like the look and feel of the site, I would trust to buy from here as it looks professional and neat.

Again though the text for me is hidden under the banner with the pics on..I can only read Personalized Cartoons Make The rest is hidden, I did bring this up earlier with someone elses site and this seemed to be the problem.

Paul,
                      I did start a new thread and after doing some detective work I figured out that it was because you probably don't have the font that I used on your pc and because it was size 48 it defaulted to Ariel which made the last word drop down to the next line. I made my banner thingy a picture using the font that I wanted to and now it seems to be fine. Please check on your pc and let me know...........thanks so much
                      Beth
                      Not sure how common this is, just thought I would let you know.

Good luck with your new site.

Regards Paul
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments!

Chris -- Not sure what you mean by a .pdf link for the catalog, but I think I have it so when you click on the brochure, you can download the .pdf version.

Will check out the horselovers.php page. I'm thinking that's one that I might have missed in my haste to get switched over to VH as soon as possible.

My finished images are 8x10 (when matted). I like your idea about doing a download, but I leaving quality of print to a customer's printer might not work. Besides unless they have a matte to put the picture in, it would not be the correct size. Like your "go global" idea though.

I do have site set up to accept PayPal as well as all the other major credit cards.

The rounded corners, I'm told, are only showing up on certain browsers. I can't see it on mine, and page was constructed with all square corner boxes, so don't know what to do about that.

Karel: Sorry you can't see the whole headline. I went with the "Comic Sans" typefont because that was one of the ones that was included in Blue Voda. Thought it would work for everyone.
                        Sheryl Tupa
                        New Baby Cartoons
                        Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Hi, personally I think the square blue bar under the banner looks a lot neater.
                          The PDF link was for visitors that may not have an up to date version of the software. You could maybe paste this link into an Adobe Reader logo.
                          http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html

I should have explained a little clearer on the above. Have a tendency for brain to engage another subject before my fingers have court up with the typing. Lol

Sites looking good.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris. I thought that might be what you meant by a link.
                            Sheryl Tupa
                            New Baby Cartoons
                            Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Comic Sans is actually a web friendly font - so it's surprising that he doesn't have that one! You shouldn't have many have trouble with it.

But, Sheryl, there are only a few web friendly fonts - not all the ones, just because they are in BV are web friendly. So, is the headline on the page he mentioned in another font?
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X