Changing domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing domains

Well, im guessing this is not possible, but say you joined vodahost but changed your site name and what its about, can you change the domain that you made when you first registered?

We will change the master domain name on your account for you for free if you request it with in 30 days of signing up. Afterwards there is a $10 admin fee.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Oh right okay, well i have no idea when i joined, how can i find out? and how do i request this to happen?

Comment

1) Check your welcome email or billing statement for a date.
        2) Open a support ticket.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Changing domains

i want do that how? (We will change the master domain name on your account for you for free if you request it with in 30 days of signing up)
          i make my order from 3 dayes. my domain : ateya.net

Comment

please open a support ticket.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

VodaHost:

Does changing master domains affect
              domains already in the account?

I mean, will they be deleted and,
              therefore, have to be re-created or
              re-added to the account after the
              master domain change takes place?

thanks,
              henryL
              Henry

www.NoCostTraffic.com... 1000's of Leads Daily...FREE For Life
              www.InternetAutomatedMarketing.com... Internet Marketing System
              HenryLiwag@veretekk.com

Comment

The master domain makes use of the public_html folder. A secondary domain, (an addon domain) makes use of a subfolder., and it is declared to the DNS system. So when a user types in his address bar your URL, the DNS system knows where to point at your server hard disk space. So, if you change the main domain, yes, your old main site will be lost. The files will be there, but they will not be reachable. So, the steps to follow are:
                1. Create a subfolder in your site, named the same way as your old site.
                2. Copy all of your files as well as images in there. Alternatively, you can simply republish the pages, in that folder.
                3. Register your new domain name and ask VH to make it the primary domain for your account (i beleive there id a charge for that)
                4. Add the old domain in your account as addon domain. During the procedure, the wizard will ask you the folder to point at. The field will be by default filled in with the domainname (it should be the same as the folder you manually created).
                5. Complete the procedure.

After a downtime of 12 - 24 hrs (usually, but it might take up to 72 hrs) the propagation through the net will be complete, and your old site will show up again.

Now you can proceed with deleting the old site files from your public_html folder, and publishing the new site pages.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X