New revised site- Updated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New revised site- Updated!

Please check it out and let me know what you think...........
    www.scctecinc.com
    Sheila Moffatt
    www.scctecinc.com

Re: New revised site- Updated!

Hi Shiela,

I just looked at the site and the first thing I notice is that the screen seems too wide. I am on a 1024 x 768 resolution and the site does not fit my screen.

Also having two scrolling text lines is distracting and the one at the top right should read "Are your speakers on?", rather than "Is your speakers on?" Improper grammar is a definite turn-off for me.

When I mouseover on the nav bar, there is no graphic for the secondary item. So if I place my mouse over the About Us-1 tab, I get a blank BV graphic.

On some of your pages, the graphics are very pixelated. They should be reduced in size or replaced with better graphics.

Also, unless you are prepared to travel all over the country (or world), you might want to set some limits or parameters as to where you will travel to help with technical difficulties.

Overall, I think the site is quite well done. A few adjustments here and there will really help.

Good Luck with your site.

John
    John Presler
    Miami, OK 74354
    www.riderstop.com

Comment

I agree with the above, your pages are a little to wide for my pc too. Also you might want to change your nav buttons when you click on them to anothet style. Do have worked hard and it shows.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

I was a little overwhelmed by it, I thought there was a little too much going on and the graphics and pics are a little big in my opinion. I am not a lover of music on Home pages and think it can put people off, a little gentle music is fine on occasions, but I jumped out of my seat when it started.

I don't think you need more menu buttons at the bottom of the screen, maybe just seperate the links with vertical lines and make them a little smaller. On this page http://www.scctecinc.com/Guestbookinfopg8.html There really is far too much going on here, consider changing it as it should be what it is, a place for people to place their opinions. You also have 'Wont you please sign out guestbook' this should be changed to something like 'Please feel free to sign our guestbook'.

Good luck and I think with some tweaking you will get there.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Hello.
          A couple of comments about your site.
          First I can see you have put alot of work into it. There is a lot to look at, and some good info.
          But for me it is alittle hard to see.

First, ditto the above comment about making your pages smaller. Generally, the with you are striving for is 800, with a 100 max, or you will be losing customers with smaller screens, as side scrolling is off-putting and tiresome as you are trying to read pages.

Also ditto the comment about pixelated graphics. It looks like you have stretched them beyond their comfort zone, and that makes them hard to see. I think I might just make them smaller in general. A well done smaller picture or graphic is much more appealing than an oversized one I have to scroll around to see.

Next, I am not quite clear what you are selling here. I know you say stationery, brochures, etc, but I find no samples of your work, except for the wedding announcement/invite (which is gorgeous, BTW..you do great work)
          It might be nice to have a portfolio of sorts showing either what you have done, or what you can do, you know examples so I can say - "gee her work is great, better call her right now and make a huge order"
          Also I don't know what you mean by 'technical' help - you do computer repair? YOu set up slide presentations? I think, again, more specifics would help here, along with, as mentioned above, the area you service, geographically.

A personal dislike of mine is banners that 'flash' as you main banner does. I immediately click off pages that have them as they hurt my eyes. Dunno if that is just me.

Your buttons are alittle too short, and the text overwrites them. Couple of choices here - you can find longer ones, or you can take the ones you have into a paint program (paint.net is free and will do this nicely) and resize them bigger, and then save them back to the original BV folder. Alternatively you can make your own buttons, and save them to the BV folder.
          And, as mentioned above, you might want to choose a style for the mouseover. One idea would be when you have the button in the paint program. 'flip' it so the cactus is on the other side, and use that one for the mouseover. It is a cool effect. (be sure and save the flipped one into the BV folder, too.

Next, If this is going to be primarily a business site, you might consider using a more formal font, like maybe Arial, as opposed to Comic Sans. That is a great font, but is pretty casual for business purposes.

Which brings me to a final point. It isn't clear to me if this is a business site or a personal site. You have shared alot of personal information here; in fact, the bulk of the site seems to be more personal in nature than business directed. Please hear that this is not a criticism; just an observation. But it sort of seems like a personal site and, then, by the way, we do these great business things too..follow me?
          I am a great fan of personal sites - both of my links go to my own personal. But if what you are trying to do is make a web presence for your business, this site doesn't make that clear.

I know this is alot, but then that is what a site review is..
          You have a great start.l Just some tweaking and you will be sailing.

Good Luck.
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
          X