pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdf

Hello. My name is Blue, I am suffering from brain-loc. A friend has attached to my e-mail for me a written logo in Adobe pdf, format. No matter what I save it as pdf, tiff, png, pfd, psd.(would not do jpeg) I can not insert it in my Bv project. I fixed it in photoshop & no matter what I've tried Bv says not a compatible format. Thank you

www.salondecaro.com

id #11961

Re: pdf

Can't you save it as a gif in Photoshop?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I know I'm doing something wrong. but I can't figure what. For some reason the save dialogue box is not giving me that option in the drop down list

Comment

Take a screen shot of it and paste into Photo Shop. Edit as necessary and save as .gif.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

bluester: With Adobe photoshop, I find that if I "save a copy" instead of "save as", that it will allow me to select gif or jpg. You might want to try that as well.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
            bluester: With Adobe photoshop, I find that if I "save a copy" instead of "save as", that it will allow me to select gif or jpg. You might want to try that as well.
            No fair coming up with better ideas than me.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Well, actually not everybody has Phptoshop, so i beleive Race's idea is still valid.

He can also use Acrobat's "copy to clipboard" tool that allowes selecting exactly the desired area, and paste it straight into Windows Paint (which all Windows computers have) then save it as jpg
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Racefan and Naval's suggestions are GREAT and works beautifully! I've used those ideas very successfully. The only reason I mentioned the adobe "save a copy" was because Blue indicated he was working with that program. But Naval is right...not everyone has that program so our solutions here hopefully will help all that have a problem with this. Thanks Guys!!
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                  Racefan and Naval's suggestions are GREAT and works beautifully! I've used those ideas very successfully. The only reason I mentioned the adobe "save a copy" was because Blue indicated he was working with that program. But Naval is right...not everyone has that program so our solutions here hopefully will help all that have a problem with this. Thanks Guys!!
                  Hi Lady,

i didn't see him telling that he has Photoshop, and that's why i suggested this solution. Did he ?
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by bluester
                    Hello. My name is Blue, I am suffering from brain-loc. A friend has attached to my e-mail for me a written logo in Adobe pdf, format. No matter what I save it as pdf, tiff, png, pfd, psd.(would not do jpeg) I can not insert it in my Bv project. I fixed it in photoshop & no matter what I've tried Bv says not a compatible format. Thank you

www.salondecaro.com

id #11961
                    Hey Naval: Yes in his original post see above..I highlighted above. I figured if he was already playing with that and just couldn't save it as jpg or gif. I found that if you do a "save a copy" then it allows you to save in those formats.
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

i MUST have gone blinded not to see that!!!!

Thanks Lady!!

PS. The big font size helped me see it! LOL
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hey Naval! lol I think I picked up the Big Bird Virus in the Mens only thread last night! lol It just kind of grabs you and shakes you a bit, doesn't it! Now I have to go find on the forum where I can get rid of the big bird virus!! lol
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

yes I do have photoshop & no I do not have paint anywhere on my windows system, even checked the service pack. what I can not seem to find is ""save a copy" . I just donot get this as I have never had any problems doing this before which is why I tell people - just emailit to me in pdf, no problem. Now even the drop down only lists 5 items to saveas instead of the usual list of most formats?????? you know this is the first time I've downloaded an attachment with a download manager (DAP) could this cause the problem???

Comment

Well Blue....When in Adobe Photoshop and you click on file and save as or save a copy, the dialogue box opens up and then when you click on "save file as format type", yes that opens up and shows 5 file types....but there is a scroll box, so you need to scroll to see the others. Try that and see if you get the other formats. If that doesn't work and you want to send the file to me, I can have a look and see if I can help you with it. You can get my contact info from my website, www.journeyshappen.com.

I don't think downloading with a download manager would be the problem, but then again, I don't do that much. Maybe someone else knows.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

got it! thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                              X