Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing assistance.

Hi
    I just purchased the domain name loghouseboats.com and am a little bit confused when referring to addon domains.
    Does an addon domain have referance to my original site lightningcycles.ca because they different in everyway possible. Or does an addon domain just use the same control panel to build and maintain each site. The word addon has gotten me a bit confused for now. Another question I have is the cost to operate a seperate site. Is there is a discount? Or is the hosting for the seperate site included in the cost of my original site service price?
    I am sure all the answers are on the VBS page but my login codes have been misplaced so I submitted a support ticket to try to get logged in or to get my passwords back.

Re: Domain confusion?

First, I'll start with your last question - you do own the domain. That is the page it's "parked" at until you build. As soon as you publish an index page, you'll see your site there instead.

OK, to the first post -
    You do not have any extra charges to build the new site on your original account.

An addon domain has nothing to do with your original domains. They simply share your same control panel.

When you get all your codes from support, I suggest you make a file to save them - and back it up somewhere - along with all your access codes, passwords, etc that you need online.

Hope this answers everything.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth does that go for the hosting as well? I mean will I be paying 9.95 a month for the seperate site? Sorry about this but I just couldnt see those fees anywhere. And loghouseboats.com I see only comes up on msn explorer and not google or yahoo. I am trying to contact the right department to figure that one out.
      I just got what you meant about being parked. I own the name but have not included in CP yet. Does this mean as soon as I build an index for new domain and publish that parked site will be wiped. Are they there like squaters until someone buys that spot?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion so far.....this is what happens when less than "universal" terms are used...

The domain you purchased is in fact "parked" on a temporay page until you either transfer it to your VodaHost account, or make the DNS changes (in the Control Panel at the Provider you purchased it at) to point to a website you designate within your VodaHost account.

Your VodaHost account will have one Primary Domain associated with it to be set up, and this domain does not need to be either purchased through or transferred to VodaHost....it will simply be "designated" as the Primary domain.
        You are allowed an unlimited number of domains to be added to this account (thus, "add-on" domains), and each can have a website of their own also hosted in this single account. >> You pay for only ONE account.
        You can easliy create these "add-on" domains in the VodaHost Control Panel (which you access using the User name and Password issues in the Account Confirmation email you recieved upon account setup), simply by clicking on the "Manage Domains" icon. For specific instructions on how to create an add-on domain, I suggest you review the Tutorial, available HERE.

It is a simple process of "adding on" additional domains and creating websites for them here at VodaHost, as you are allowed more than enough storage space and are not restricted on how many domains you can manage within a single account!

Blue Voda (FREE) makes this whole process quick, easy, and produces results that rival other complicated software tools costing many thousands of dollars!

Good Luck!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thankyou both for the help. Now I am trying to publish a page with the new domain name and direction. I havent looked at the tutorials yet so I'll do that now and see how that part works. thanks again

Comment

I read through the tutorials and I just can't seem to grasp publishing a new index page for loghouseboats.com.
            O.K. are all of my saved pages from lightningcycles.ca sharing the same box where I open them to do any work or is there supposed to be a completly clean slate to work from. Because my index page for lightning is just that my index page, but if I save an index page for loghouseboats is it supposed to be named or saved as index2?

Comment

Re: publishing assistance.

Everything is working fine now. I was just missing the proper name server info. So loghouseboats.com should be ready for comments soon. Thanks Beth and Vasili for the advice.

Comment

Working...
              X