Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Question + Redirect Question PLS TEST FOR ME

Hi,

As I'm still not able to publish from my computer via BV, I would like somebody to test the following for me, or if you know already what will happen, just let me know.

1 - index pages :

During my nightmare with golive I discover in their tutorial the following and I would like to know if it can be applicable in BlueVoda.

public_html contain the main page index.html, so when you publish your index.bvp to public_html, your page's url is www.yoursite.com (or org / or whatever).

Create a folder inside public_html via CP and call it folder1, and create a test page with any text content or image and call it index, when saving it in your hard disk, make sur you save it in different folder then your main index please.

publish the new index page to folder1, now in the browser type www.yoursite.com/folder1

is the page you created recently appears?

2 - redirect :

we all know that a url of a page is always : www.site.com/page.html

sometime you are sending e-mails to clients or else with the url mentioned to direct them to a specific page you want them to see.

But as the redirect option is available in our CP, what if I give them the following url : www.site.com/page
    without the .html and then in my CP I program www.site.com/page to be redirected to www.site.com/page.html

is this gonna work?

ok thank you in advance for this, as mentioned, I would like to test it myself but I'm still not able to publish from my computer yet, don't figure out why?
    The Producer

Re: Index Question + Redirect Question PLS TEST FOR ME

1)...yes, the index in folder1 can be viewed.

2)... www.site.com/page and www.site.com/page.html are 1 and the same page if page and page.html is an index page...if its not an index page then you will get a not found message when you use www.site.com/page
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Index Question + Redirect Question PLS TEST FOR ME

Originally posted by davidundalicia
      1)...yes, the index in folder1 can be viewed.

2)... www.site.com/page and www.site.com/page.html are 1 and the same page if page and page.html is an index page...if its not an index page then you will get a not found message when you use www.site.com/page
      Thanks David for doing that for me, really appreciate it,

So that means, each folder in the site can contain its own index, that's cool.

Thank you again.
      The Producer

Comment

Working...
      X