Need to move a flash intro from my desktop to the VH server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to move a flash intro from my desktop to the VH server

I'm brand new to website building and will have many questions down the road, no doubt, but what I'd like to do first is produce Flash intros to attract prospects to my affiliate sites. I'm told that after building a flash intro on my desk top, I need to move it onto a server. My domain name is KENREMLEYII.COM and I'm trying to figure out how I move my flash intro, that's now an HTML file, onto the VodaHost server, so I can then put my F.Intro in different locations on the net like traffic exchanges, lead capture pages etc... I know I have to use FTP, but am unclear on how that works ... do I need to create an FTP for this specific purpose, or create a file on VH to house my flash intros? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm swimming with an anchor here ...

Re: Need to move a flash intro from my desktop to the VH server

You need to upload it to the server as you already know. To do this you need to either use an FTP program which does this externally. Basically if you do it this way just enter in all the required information when asked i.e localhost, username ,password etc then just drag from harddrive to server and off you go. Alternativly you can go into your cpanel, you can do the following.
    • click file manager, on the main cpanel screen
    • click on the folder where you want the file to reside in your public_html folder
    • click on upload file at the top of the page
    • select the folder on your harddrive you want to upload
    • click ok
    The file should now be on your server. All you need to do now is enter a bit of code onto the website where you want the intro to show and point it to the file you've just uploaded.

Hope this helps you.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Re: Need to move a flash intro from my desktop to the VH server

Thanks for the information, Mook25. I've played with it for the last couple of days, on and off, and haven't had success, yet. I am very new to all of this and it's so frustrating that I've clicked the "Publish" button in my Trendy Flash program (where I created it) and I am able to save the Flash Intro. (as an html. file) I produced, to "My Favorites" and click on it and it works. When I save it to "my documents" or desk top, I can't get it to play from there. I took your advice and clicked on my file manager in my c-panel and went into the html_public folder and created a "Flash Intro" folder. When I clicked the "upload file" button, I'm asked to "Browse" for the file. I can't get into "my favorites" to retrieve the location/file name and when I retrieve it from "My Documents" it becomes a file in that folder (the Flash Intro. folder I made), but I can't get it to work in there. I'm not actually trying to put this intro. on my site .... I just need to get it on the VodaHost server so that when I want to put it on a Traffic Exchange page or somewhere on the web as an advertisement, I can just copy and paste the address from my server, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Comment

Working...
      X