Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you dont mind, could you check out my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you dont mind, could you check out my site?

Subtle Touch Massage
    Thank you very much please feel free to send you comments or suggestions my way.

Re: If you dont mind, could you check out my site?

Hey Builder

Your sites looking good. I would set the width to 800 and center your page as I have to scroll sideways to see your whole site.

With the text on the Home Page I would justify it to make it straight and it looks a bit more professional.

But I like the colors and it's easy to navigate. Well done.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi builder,

The site is looking good... a couple of suggestions:

1) Make use of the tag analyser www.widexl.com it helps you gauge the success or failure of your changes as you go along.
      2) Give your pictures site related names (subtle_touch_banner) the search engines seem to prefer this
      3) Your buttons show page address on mouse over - rather give them a description in Alt text ("contact" = email an enquiry)
      4) Your title is "index" rather give a actual page title or tagline maybe along the lines of: Subtle Touch Massage - The delicate yet effective alternative
      Enjoy
      www.addoadventure.com
      Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
      Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
      Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
      BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi builder,

I just had a look at your site in the tag analyser...Ouch!!! your keyword tag contains 2906 characters and no comma's, have look at the related forums

cheers,
        www.addoadventure.com
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

The site looks good as in it's layed out nicely, nice colours used and easy to navigate. The things i noticed however which could do with changing are the following:

Title
          Name your page something other than index. the main page file needs to be saved as index but you can actually name the page within the title tags something like 'Subtle Touch Massage'.

Keywords
          You have too many keywords and charachters and this could be seen by the search engines as spamming. Also seperate each phrase with a commor so that the search engines can distinguish between each one.

Images
          The total size of your images is 297118 bytes, which is over 30K and is affecting the load time of your website. You can use voda's pixresizer to optimise your images and help your pages load faster. I've done a speed test on it and get the following

Connection Rate | Download Time
          14.4K __________242.73 seconds
          28.8K __________123.06 seconds
          33.6K __________105.97 seconds
          56K ____________64.94 seconds
          ISDN 128K _______22.25 seconds
          T1 1.44Mbps_____5.04 seconds

As you can see from the above table, the people who have slower modems are going to be waiting forever for your page to load and if i was one of them i would certainly have moved onto another site by now.
          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Tara

Your page has side to side scroll even full screen, so condsider making it just 800 wide.

SE dont read images names, and please dont name them banner anything as some ad managers and popup blockers will kill them. Do make sure your alt tags are site related keywords or descriptive text.

Your page didnt take that long to load for me. Your keyword meta is spam. If all those words dont appear on that page, then take them off there. Each page has its own meta in page properties for you to use. Your home page for instance is named INDEX, when you could be making use of your keywords instead. The next most important meta tag DESCRIPTION wasnt used at all. Most engines dont count the keyword tag any more because of the technique you just used!! They do however, SEE it and if youve spammed it will eventually catch you and could even get you banned.

You have a bravenet counter and it uses cookies to track your visitors, did you realize this? Not to mention on a professional site its tacky. Do you want someone to see this and think... Gee only 300 visitors have been here when it should be in the thousands, or hundreds of thousands. In my opinion its a counter of infamy!! Its ok on a personal home page type site, but not on a professional presence site.

I think you have a nice start, but I think you need to read up on your SEO tactics and clean some things up if you want it to be a really successful and professional image for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yor site has a good color choces but the layout is too wide and the nav buttons looked like they belong on another website.
              Affordable Medical Insurance
              Discount Dental Plan
              Washington State Health Insurance
              Temporary Health Insurance
              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback. I will take all of your advice and try to fix up the site. This is my first site so I am learning alot and I love Blue Voda. Thanks again folks!

Comment

Hey folks,
                  I have taken alot of your advice and have finished my homepage and was wondering if anyone can check it out and let me know what you think? I hope that I did this alright. Also I am having a big problem with the other pages. I have finished two other pages but when I publish them I still get the old pages when I type in the url. Any ideas? I tried deleting the entire public_html folder and republishing everything and that did not work. Help!!
                  Thanks again everyone for your wonderful feedback.
                  Matt (the builder)
                  Tara is my fiance.

Comment

Hi, not sure on the white text used on the green faded oblongs. Can only just read the ones down the right hand side. The banner http://www.massageangels.com Should be made to open _blank (new page) to save loosing visitors.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by thebuilder
                      Hey folks,
                      I have taken alot of your advice and have finished my homepage and was wondering if anyone can check it out and let me know what you think? I hope that I did this alright. Also I am having a big problem with the other pages. I have finished two other pages but when I publish them I still get the old pages when I type in the url. Any ideas? I tried deleting the entire public_html folder and republishing everything and that did not work. Help!!
                      Thanks again everyone for your wonderful feedback.
                      Matt (the builder)
                      Tara is my fiance.
                      You have to delete your cookies and history, when you type in an adress, the computer saves the adress, so if you change it you have to erase the cookies and history to see the new pages. hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
                      X