may be dificult question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• may be dificult question

hi ... i have bit complicated question see if any1 can help... if some one knows the solution plese reply i would really apriciate it.

ok here is the situation... i am building a ecommerce website for a drycleaner. now when a customer placeses an order there is a dilevery charge of the item applied but , the drycleaner is limiting its range for dilevery in only two cities.
    now the drycleaner wants to also charge some amount for distance so when the customer gives the dilevery or shipping information with his or her address, i want to find out how many km is it from the drycleaner's location. and charge them 10 cents per kilometer. and i dont know how to do that by using soholaunch i am using soholaunch for my website. i also want to make a root map but thats totally different issue i ll post that after i find the solution for this .
    so basically i want to charge the customer for distance (distance chrge) not the dilivery charge.
    thanks you.

Re: may be dificult question

Hroytne

Well here is the answer. Who owns the hosting account? You or the drycleaner? I dont believe that vodahost allows you to purchase in your name and then HOST for someone else... so if thats what you are doing the point is moot.

Secondly, Soho isnt set up for that.. so what you would have to do is set up a range of charges.. 0 to 25 kilometers, =$7.50, 26 to 50.. then charge $8.50 and so on..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I don't think its possible to find the exact distance unless you have a database of all the streets within those two cities and their distances from the dry cleaner. The closest you can do is base it on the postal code, but thats far from exact when its in such a limited area

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

haha lol well i own a drycleaners. i was refering to a drycleaners instead of me lol ... and this website is for me
        thank you .. obeviously i am not gonna pay 150 $ to host for someone else
        thanks karen .
        is there any other option that doing that range coz i knw i have done that range for dilivery charge but i also want to charge for distance ...or i cant do that??

Comment

Soho is limited in what would be called SHIPPING Charges. Which is what i think you are trying to do. I think on the product itself is a place to add a delivery charge.. Or.. if they want it delivered you could set up a PRODUCT for that and make it appear as recommended on the checkout, and make the product variations the different charges! And.. I would do it on a range of miles instead of exact miles/kilo because you are gonna be PULLING YOUR HAIR trying to figure out an exact formula.. just from experience!

If you go to grannyscountrynook i made DHL 2 day air a product and attatched it to the checkout so you can see what i mean.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X