Resizing After Pages are Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing After Pages are Built

When I previewed my pages before publishing, they looked great. In fact, when I published them and viewed them online using the computer I built them on, they looked great. But when I checked out my webpage (www.lifestressinjurycenter.com) from another computer, I saw that my pages are WAY too big. For some strange reason, the template I picked had default page property page sizing at 2400 x 2002, and I didn't know better, so I just kept it there. PLEASE tell me there is a way to resize my pages without starting from scratch! PLEASE?

Re: Resizing After Pages are Built

Your pages size according to how much you put on them and where you place it. It's important that you put the things on the page within the paramaters of all the different computers out there.

If you want your site to be seen universally without left to right scrolling, you'll have to design it within 800 width. If you don't mind a little bit of scrolling left/right - but still want to stay within 80% or so of computer users, build the site no wider than 1024. I don't suggest you go any wider than 1024.

No, there isn't a way to resize the pages without rebuilding them within the parameters you set.

Hopefully that won't mean starting from scratch, but working with the elements you've built to make it what it needs to be.

Part of your problem will be solved if you move everything over to the far left on the BV screen - have the page start at 0 - right now you are starting to the right of that (which is why there is the white space to the left of your page even though the page requires scrolling.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Resizing After Pages are Built

I had to learn this one the hard way myself. Wish I had taken the time to read more of the forums before I did all of that work.
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
      X