X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing first site

G'day all,
    My first visit to this site. My first attempt at building a web site. Please be gentle with me!
    I only joined up to vodahost a couple of days ago and have made my first attempt at a web-page. I'm impatient to get it up and see my first attempt. My questions are:
    To launch the site upon the world do I simply select publish enter my username and password and enter?
    Having attempted this I get INTERNET EXCEPTION ERROR 12002
    Does this mean I am just trying too soon after joining for my domain name to become internet accessible?
    If so do I just keep trying or will I be contact when it is internet accessible?
    Once I'm up can I just work on pages offline and just publish them and they will replace the existing pages?
    So knew, so many questions.
    www.redmanrunners.com eventually.

Re: Publishing first site

be sure and name and save your homepage as index, lowercase.
    this should work.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      I had named the homepage index in lower case. Perhaps I'm just trying to publish too soon after registering. Do you have any thoughts on my other queries?
      Cheers.

Comment

Make sure you're using the username, password AND IP address provided in the Welcome Email you received from VH.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Believe I am. The welcome email told me it could take 24 to 72 hrs before my new domain name would become internet asseccible. Has anyone else found this to be the case?? It has only been 40 odd hours.

Comment

Your domain is active on the net, I can see it, but you haven't published to it. 12002 is a timeout issue, which very often arises when you're inputting an incorrect IP address.

If you're absolutely certain you're using the correct details, then you might need to reference this page http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...cleid=95&nav=0
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions but still no joy.
              From my welcome email I am using
              "YOUR IP ADDRESS"
              "MASTER USERNAME"
              "MASTER PASSWORD"

Have check and rechecked numbers and spelling. Took the only photo off the "index" page and increased the timeout beyond 600. Still times out. HELP!

Comment

Then you need to submit a support ticket: http://support.vodahost.com

You won't need to log in, just click to create a ticket and provide the necessary details.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                X