1st Ever Post - Questions About Vodahost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Ever Post - Questions About Vodahost

Hello - My name is Mark from one of the most beautiful parts of the United Kingdom - the county of Cornwall in the far south west. I'm very much into landscape photography, my website (needs updating) can be viewed in my profile.

I have a few questions about Vodahost and hopefully a few of you will be able to give me some guidance, proffer some answers. All I ask of you in advance is that you keep your answers (if any), amazingly simple. All this web 'stuff' scares the dickens out of me, it's as bad as learning French, all this new fangled terminology.

Ok, so I have a new start up business which is due to be launched in the first week of April, the website domain has already been registered. The business will be called SkyHighPhotographs (.co.uk). The service I will be offering is state of the art aerial photography, plans are afoot to take this new venture nationwide and beyond within 3 years.

For this new business I need a new website. It is absolutely imperative that the site looks attractive, is user friendly, is fast and easily navigable. It must be sleek, clean, uncluttered, yet stylish and have a comtemporary style to it.

I am envisaging keeping it as simple as can be and easily readable by all. There will be a Home Page, an About Us Page, a Product Page, one or two or even three Gallery Pages for the photographs and last but not least, a Contact Us Page.

The logo for the company has already been designed and I would like this to be displayed at the top of every page, perhaps on a banner background. Images as part of the Gallery Pages must be displayed in a thumbnail size with the ability to simply click on them to make them larger for easier viewing.

My questions. I take it this service is available to UK clients too?

At what cost is the service per month and/or per annum? Will I be billed in US Dollars or in British Sterling (£)?

Is it easy to make editable changes to my website as my business evolves?

How complicated or easy is it to use this companies services, the tools available etc? What is the support like, highly rated or mediocre? What are the downsides of using Vodahost? If I do run into problems / frustrations, how easy will these problems be to source simple, effective solutions towards?

I've noticed too, that of the websites I've looked at so far, that the design element, (no offense), looks very 'boxy', no sites have I found so far, have 'curvy' lines etc, would this be easy or difficult to implement?

Since I'm very new to all of this, the less hassle, the better. As many other UK'ers would understand, the red tape and beaurocracy in the system can be rather stifling in setting up a new business, I want to be able to do this as painlessly as possible, the last thing I need is more frustration and time wasting in learning how to do basic tasks. Is this software easy to learn? Does the language used in the website setting up area confuse novices, or enhance their experiences, have them coming back, wanting to learn more?

Finally, where do I start on this site, I see so many different names soho, vodahost, this that and the other, why so many, what and how do the different various elements work? Where is the best place to start? Last but not least, where can I view a comprehensive list of websites designed using this service?

Please do keep your replies stupidly simple, speaking in Plain English, technical language just flies off straight over the top of my head!!

In advance, thank you for your time and consideration with answering these questions, your assistance is truly appreciated!!

Kindest regards and best wishes!!

Mark

Re: 1st Ever Post - Questions About Vodahost

Hi Mark

Welcome to VodaLand, where you will find the answers to all of your questions and I am certain you'll find favorable. I don’t see anything holding you back. If you haven’t signed up for your hosting account yet, don’t delay, you’ll find no other better. You'll find my testimonial here http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/customer-testimonials/20043-catch-vodafever.html

The use of graphic programs and software available through Fantastico in your control panel, such as jalbums will bring your photos to life on your site. You can find many websites on review in the customer reviews area of the forum, you can also see how helpful members of this forum are to assist. Everyone in VodaLand wants your website looking and performing at the very best. You will only find the best tools, support and advice here.

You will find a showcase of website in the customer reviews forum as well as in David's Showcase

Planning on the sale of your photographs on your site, you might consider the addition of a shopping cart, or the use of paypal, or os commerce to handle these tasks for you.

You have much to learn from what I can understand. And nothing in Voda is hard to learn, I will tell you, you will need the time to build your website to perfection as well as you will need the time to market and manage and build your online dream. Voda provides the support and the tools for you to make this happen, but it is your hard work and determination that will bring you to your destiny.

I invite you to view my "Simply Blue Voda" basic web building tips.

Welcome,
    LadyEye

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Many thanks lass for the reply - what of the cost to United Kingdom customers of Vodahost, for that which I outlined above. Will the billing be in US Dollars or British Pounds and how much will it be both per annum and/or per month?

Many thanks for your assistance, truly appreciated, too, cheers for the links to the help sections on this site.

Kindest regards and best wishes!!

Mark
      SkyHighPhotographs.co.uk
      www.inlunarsun-photography.com

Comment

All prices are based in US$ but your CC bill will come in sterling, click the below for a comple list of features including pricings....

http://www.vodahost.com/features.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Mark,

Just wanted to say welcome to VodaHost! Cant really add anymore as LadyEye said it all!

Regards
          Teri

Comment

Cheers mate!!

I think this is going to be an all nighter!! Oh well, on we go, I need more pg tea I think to steady the nerves.

Comment

Working...
            X