Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path / Layout of Website

Hi Folks,

I have heard that when using Frontpage a person can veiw the path / layout of your website in the form of a "tree" / organogram.

My questions are:

1.Can one do the same using BV?
    2.Is there frees oftware that is compatible to BV that can do the same?
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Re: Path / Layout of Website

This is called a sitemap. The way a sitemap is dispalyed can vary, depending on the software used to create it. Usually the type you have mantioned above is based on DHTML. If you need such a thing, make a Google search for "sitemap creator". There are a lot out there. The output is usually a html page, which can be uploaded on your site, or a more complex file collection, that all need to be uploaded on your site. Many of them come complete with a Google submission routine, that allow you to submit the new sitemap to Google.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

1.What does this submission to Google imply?

it means that the sitemapper sends to Google a request to spider your site, along with a the created sitemap URL

2.Does it mean that Google have then access to this site entire details as long as I use this sitemap?

Google will try to spider all the URLs contained in the sitemap. However, you can, usually, delete from the sitemap, before you upload it, the URLs that you don't want to be spidered. However, a robots.txt file is also usefull to dissallow pages that you don't want to be spidered.

3.Is there any security risk in uploading to my site?

No, other than the fact that if you include links that you don't want to be visited, Google will spider them.

4. Can I still upload and reduce risk by incorportation of scripts, etc.

I am concerned about this as it is mostly young folk that will be accessing this site and would hate for some harmful data to make itself known.

As said, if you do create a sitemap, delete the links to the pages that you don't want spidered.

Please note tat Google and other SE will also find ANY other pages, even those not included in the sitemap, if in one of the pages of the sitemap, there are links to these pages.

As said, include a robots.txt file to disallow pages, or a "Nofollow" tag (have a look at http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050118-204728)

Or, you can include the "Nofollow" and "Noindex" meta tags in the pages you don't want to be indexed.Have a look at http://www.i18nguy.com/markup/metatags.html in the voice "Robots"
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Oooops! Sorry, i edited your own post instead of answering. I cannot resore it, sorry, but your answers are there
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

Thanks for this information.

As I can gather the "site map" is really a point in which my site gets listed by various parties - i.e google thus enabling people to search the web and locate my site.

Whilst this is useful, it is not what I am looking for.

I am looking for a flow chart that shows how my various pages are linked to one another - I will then be able to see if the linking is in the correct place at a simple glance.

I will take note of the "bots" and "spiders" and chat to you more in length regarding same at a later stage.
          Kind Regards
          Rob
          www.gnjgf.co.za
          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Rob -
            The site map can be a "flow chart" for you - as that is basically what it does. That same "flow chart" makes it easy for the se spiders to find all pages - but you don't have to use it that way.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello, I am James Epps Jr. of Epps & Pearson, LLC a new voda member. Iam very green at this web-site stuff so I'm going to need a lot of help. We are a general contractor that is specializing in EIFS repair. How do I get started?

Comment

Originally posted by epps-pearsonllc.net
                Hello, I am James Epps Jr. of Epps & Pearson, LLC a new voda member. Iam very green at this web-site stuff so I'm going to need a lot of help. We are a general contractor that is specializing in EIFS repair. How do I get started?
                Hi James

It's always nice to start your own thread, so that more people will jump in and help ... (You've what we call, hijacked Rob's thread, lol)

But since you are here ... start by downloading blue voda, signing up with Voda for your hosting account, (that is if you have not already done so)

Open up your web builder, (blue voda) and start playing around while you are viewing the tutorials ...

That is really how you should start, and you can open up a new thread all for your own, in the appropriate section of the forum, for any questions you may need answers to as you go along ...

Welcome, good luck, you will love it. It's really quite easy, although it takes time, patience and learning ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There is no better teacher than expereince, as General LadyEye suggests by downloading Blue Voda Free (and which has links to the Tutorials and even the Support Forums conveniently located inside, on the lower border frames of your workpane browser) and by becoming familiar with all the wonderful features available to you at VodaHost by Taking the Tour.

When it comes down to it, though, all the tools in the world are useless without a real definitive Website Plan, as you know from your business experience the imperative to have a Business Plan. The key to everything is tight logical continuity, and simplicity without sacrificing functionality.
                  How To Plan Your Website

Welcome to the VodaHost Community! Looking forward to working with you!

"Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan"
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X