Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Review My Homepage

Hi Y'all,

I'm revamping my site and have completed my homepage www.designsbymapillar.com. Please let me know what you think...color scheme? pics loading? fonts? overall feel? Lay it on me, Y'all. Any critique will be greatly appreciated.

Later

Re: Please Review My Homepage

Hi,
    I am lost.
    Which one of the above sites have you revamping???
    Alas

Comment

lol...sorry about that www.designsbymapillar.com

Comment

Hi, your links web packages, web hosting, and prices are not working.
        I think you can resize a little bit your pages , so you will have everything in the browser without going around with mouse.
        Also if you keep everything in the screen shot your viewer will concentrate more in the reading of what you are offering (like reading the page of a newspaper). A lot of people keep their favorites open, and this reduce the space on the screen, but is important for the web designer to keep that in mind.
        I also think that you have many keywords.
        In your case, because you are offering a web design, maybe the best will be to concentrate in few keywords, lets say five.
        I hope to have helped you with my ideas.
        Salaam

Comment

Dude can't say I'm liking it for a few reasons (don't mean to sound harsh or anything just believe in getting to the point and giving honest advice) especially considering this is supposed to be a site advertising web design services.

Scrolling copyright at the bottom is very 90's.

As is the textured background.

Colours are pretty harsh and don't work together too well.

Text is a bit all over the place on my browser

About page is all over the place too and everything is different sizes.

Many spelling and grammar errors too.

Hope this helps out a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Cheap Television
            Dude can't say I'm liking it for a few reasons (don't mean to sound harsh or anything just believe in getting to the point and giving honest advice) especially considering this is supposed to be a site advertising web design services.

I'm not sweating you, DUDE, because your talk is CHEAP...just like your name says. I like this design. I have done numerous of sites and my clients are very satisfied with my designs, thank you. I was going for something different. I'm not done yet...I was just playing around with the idea and wanted to get some feedback. And by the way, thanks for yours too. And you are trying to be harsh, but I'm not going there with you.

Scrolling copyright at the bottom is very 90's.

I'll give you that one. I plan on changing it.

As is the textured background.

I kinda like it. Like I said, I'm going for something different from anything I've done. Bold colors, texture...being a little risque, if you know what I mean. The beauty of it is, I'm the designer...I can change it if I get bored with it.

Colours are pretty harsh and don't work together too well.

Already answered that. Next.

Text is a bit all over the place on my browser

I'll give you that too. I'm not sure which of the pages you viewed as I've been making changes throughout the day. But I've been working on the fonts and changing the size and all that good stuff.

About page is all over the place too and everything is different sizes.

I'm working on it. Give me a couple of days and check back. For some reason, though, I don't think that'll be happening?

Many spelling and grammar errors too.

Be kind as to point to the spelling errors. THAT would be constructive criticism. Right now, you just sound like one of those "those-who-can't-try-to-be-mean" kind of people. I may be wrong about you, though. It could be that I caught you on the wrong day or vise versa. What say you?

Hope this helps out a bit
            Oh, it was a pleasure. Let's do this again.

Comment

Originally posted by alas
              Hi, your links web packages, web hosting, and prices are not working.

Hi Alas, I am redoing my page and haven't done any of the pages that were not a part of my original design. It's a work in progress. I appreciate you taking the time to critique.

I think you can resize a little bit your pages , so you will have everything in the browser without going around with mouse.
              Also if you keep everything in the screen shot your viewer will concentrate more in the reading of what you are offering (like reading the page of a newspaper). A lot of people keep their favorites open, and this reduce the space on the screen, but is important for the web designer to keep that in mind.

I took your advice. What do you think now?

I also think that you have many keywords.
              In your case, because you are offering a web design, maybe the best will be to concentrate in few keywords, lets say five.

I hope to have helped you with my ideas.
              Salaam
              I agree with you and I have taken care of that. Once again, that's for the ideas. Salaam

Comment

Like I said I'm not trying to be harsh, if you think my words are "cheap" then fair enough I won't waste my time.

Comment

fine with me. I said that because of the way you went about your critique. This forum is a support forum. You were trying to put me down, but I'm not easily brought down.

I can take criticism as long as it's constructive. If that's what you called yourself doing earlier, maybe I misread that. And if that's the case, I'll be the first to apologize.

You don't have to critique my website. The last thing I want is for you to waste your time. But I take into consideration constructive criticism from my fellow Vodaliens and use them to better my designs. As I said on my website, I am learning. I just started designing websites not too long ago. I do not claim to be an expert at web design. My clients know this, yet they still solicit me. If I was an expert, I wouldn't need you to critique me, now would I?

Comment

Hi Amadee,
                    personally I think is much better now, and the pages are opening faster.
                    Maybe you should do it for your contact page.
                    Davidundalicia has giving me a great help in set in up my form php, you can find it if you read my post " please comment my web".
                    Ciao
                    Alas

Comment

Hi me again, I forgot one thing.
                      Your text in white " design by Mapillar " is overlapping the white shape border.
                      Saluti

Comment

Whew!

Sometimes it pays to bide one's time before arriving to the party, eh?

I'll pop in a bit later....after things selttle down a bit more. (speaking of my hair, not the ruckus I overheard earlier! LOL)
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

lol, General. Again, congrats. Oh, and I kinda like the hair. what era were you are you shooting for?

Comment

Originally posted by alas
                            Hi me again, I forgot one thing.
                            Your text in white " design by Mapillar " is overlapping the white shape border.
                            Saluti
                            Alas, I'm not seeing what you mean. I'm viewing this normal in my browser. Is anyone else seeing my title overlapping? If so, how do I change this so that people see what I'm seeing?

Alas, you've been very helpful. Thanks

Comment

Hi AmaDee: Yes, I see overlapping to. here is a screen shot...upper left

I am using IE7 as my browser. What do you use?
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X