Email and CPanel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email and CPanel

I have all but given up trying to set up my email on Outlook Express, I cannot get any of the settings to work!

However I am using the Horde email in my cpanel, but cannot figure out how to get into my different email boxes that I have. I have three set up, one for customer service, one for my newsletter, and one for my refunds. I can't seem to figure out how to switch from one mail box to another.

Also is there a way to have my mail that is sent there forwarded to my normal email account so I do not miss any and can receive them at my other job, my employer is blocking the isp for my cpanel there.

Thanks for the help!
    Chris
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Email and CPanel

1) Click the below for instructions on how to set up outlook express. It is very easy...Where are you going wrong?

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html

2) If you are using horde and you want to check a particular email account, you must use that email account ass the login user name....So log out of horde and log back in....

For example.....

If I wanted to check out...

support@abc.com

I would login

abc.com/webmail

username: support@abc.com
    password: *********

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Also is there a way to have my mail that is sent there forwarded to my normal email account so I do not miss any and can receive them at my other job, my employer is blocking the isp for my cpanel there.
      Use the mail forwarding feature in your cPanel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
        1) Click the below for instructions on how to set up outlook express. It is very easy...Where are you going wrong?

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html
        Okay here is what I got, maybe this will help because I have gone through the tutorials twice already.

The password I am using is the same one that I set up. So am I supposed to be using my Voda name and password? Or the email address one. Also for the outgoing mail server, do I use the mail.ccwenterprises.biz or my ISP outgoing mail server, smtph.sympatico.ca? I have tried both and neither one has worked.

Thanks for the help.
        My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

the account name should be the full email address.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Voda Host,

Thank you for your quick reply! I will try that tomorrow when I get a chance. Everything looks good than?

Comment

Okay I tried it in Outlook and it still does not work, I dont' know what I am doing wrong!

So I went and downloaded Eudora and tried using the tutorial, and it does not work now. I used the outgoing and incoming mail settings as "mail.ccwenterprises.biz" and tried to send a test email, it said the connection was refused.

I didn't know it would be this much trouble just setting up some email addresses! HELP ME!

Comment

I really feel your pain. This does seem to be the one thing that is hard to get help with.

In my Outlook setup (let's save the fact that I don't even use Outlook for later), for the incoming mail server I used mail.lkarts.com (LKarts is my website name), and for outgoing I referenced my ISP people - so that was mail.sbcglobal.net. Now what's happening is that when I click on the link on the website, it does bring up Outlook with the correct address in the To field. But I have NO idea where the email is going!

If any of this is useful, great. If it's useless, my apologies!!! But I did want you to know that I too am having trouble getting the kind of support around these issues that someone like me needs (I'm pretty clueless, so I need a lot of hand-holding.)
                Lori
                www.lkarts.com
                Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Comment

Yeah I hear you on the hand holding part! *LOL* I have more or less gave up on the email and am just using my company email that I have always used. Sure people get mail from C.C.W. Enterprises, but I always put My Coffee Gourmet in the subject line and sign it that signature. I may try and figure out if I can change the reply to address on it (MSN premium) I just have not figured that out either!

Comment

Working...
                  X