browser preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browser preview

what would I be doing wrong if I get my page looking the way I want it but when I preview in browser alot of the text moves? I save the page & lock all and it still moves out of alignment. stumped!

blue
    www.salondecaro.com
    id# 11961

Re: browser preview

I can't see that it's making any problem for you if you're talking about the website in your signiture although i would suggest slimming it down a little as people with 800 resolutions are having to scroll to the right and this is undesirable.

If it was not for this website then please supply a link so we can take a look.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

glad You said that about the size. In BV I had that page set at 800, then published it centered itself on the site which looks fine on my screen so I did not think twice about it as the template was 800 & the baclground was just fill in case one did need to scroll. so thank you. (question) I guess the way to deal with that is to align against the left.???? Also my shifting problem is on a page in process in BV but it did happen to the page you have access to. Please notice the phone numbers. When I built that they were aligned perfectly but when I published it the phone numbers shifted?????????????

Comment

I'm surprised that the you say the template is a 800 template as this seems just too wide. Have you dragged it to the size you want in bluevoda. if so just drag that main image back to the left a bit. You can align the content if you wish but if the template is over 800 the page will still be able toscroll right which you don't really want. As far as the numbers are concerned check that they are not aligned differently than anything else
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

how would I go about that???

Comment

A couple things - your site before the first grey border is probably 800 - but adding that border that way, means the site is no longer 800 wide.

Then you built the site not all the way to the left of the page in BV - so that it's not centering in most browsers. You want the page built using the 0-800 markers in BV - meaning the template needs to be flush to the left. Then, if you have clicked in properties to center the page - it will center for all browser sizes.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Depending on what browser you are using (IE or FireFox) the text size is set to either Larger (IE) or has been increased (FireFox) Go into your browser like this:

FireFox - View>Text Size> Decrease

or

Internet Explorer (IE7) Page>Text Size>Medium

When I add text and have this problem one thing that does help it is to leave about 10 spaces empty at the end of your last piece of text in a text box. this gives the text room to grow if someones browser setting is set up to view the fonts in a larger than intended format.
              Affordable Medical Insurance
              Discount Dental Plan
              Washington State Health Insurance
              Temporary Health Insurance
              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

think I'll make that a habit. thank you

Comment

think I'll make that a text habit . thank you

Comment