Sarah HK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah HK

I think I have missed something - a major point in this webbuilding exercise and I need help please. I have made an index page with fix menu bars and drop down menu bars. Do I need to make and name a page for every item on that index page for example contact us, staff, gallery, books, news etc. I thought since I had input the document name .html that if you click on it it redirects you to a page that has been named and saved under the website files.
    Absolute novice!!

Re: Sarah HK

You need a page for each item on the menu bar or drop down menu. Think of it as a table of contents for a book. Each item on the table goes to a different page.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Sarah HK -

Thanks for the clarification I have already made documents for the items in the drop down menus in WORD since there are alot of these docs can you tell me how do I get them onto the page. Do I need to start from scratch or can I cut and paste or import them somehow?

Comment

Sarah: Let's assume you want to do your staff page. You have it listed in your nav or menu bar and have set it up properly there to direct to the html page. Now you have to create a page in bluevoda, we'll call, "staff". Open up your word document and copy, then paste it into a text box on your bluevoda page. You will probably want to do all of your formating once your basic text is in bluevoda though. Some of the formating will come over but probably not all of it. Hope that helps!
        Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I have come a bit further along with this website now although still up to my knees in it, I want to clarify because I tried the copy and paste into the text box from my docs but it really doesnt work effectively and I have alot of docs to do. On my present website I use WZ FTP and those docs are listed there so when a visitor clicks on the title the doc opens. Can I do the same in blue voda? The drop down menus are all done and I have the file or doc. names plus the html bit etc If there are on the public html file will they open.

Sorry a bit long winded here!!!

Thanks in advance
          Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X