Browsers Issue !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browsers Issue !!!

Hello Guys.I have a couple of questions which i might be happy if explained.

1. I have a 17" monitor as well as a 15" one. I made my website using 17" but when i check it with the 15", nothing is in place. Isn't it supposed to be the same.

2. Why am i not able to see the menu bars and other graphics when i check my website in Firefox.

Any help, appreciated.

regards,
    Shiva

Re: Browsers Issue !!!

Hi there

Web pages built do show differently on different screen resolutions. The size of the monitor is really not a factor.

So I would say that your two computers are set up differently for their resolution. You can check this via your computers control panel, appearance and themes.

The preferred size of the web page you create should be '800 width and the length can vary, this will make certain that all viewers (unless they are viewing lower than '800) will see your page as built on any computer.

What I notice about the difference in viewing in firefox compared to internet explorer, is that Firefox drops down a bit, so what you may have placed perfectly on a line in internet explorer, will drop down 1/4" or so in the firefox browser.

Hope this helps you understand. Always best to build your page and check in both browsers and make adjustments that work for both .... the two most popular browsers I believe ....

btw ... I did answer your email question a while back, did you receive my response, I did not hear back from you so I was wondering ... :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you made your website in internet explorer it will probably look out of place in firefox unless you know what you are doing.

One of the main causes for the the positional differences between layouts in the 2 browsers is due to the default stylesheet each browser applies to give styling to certain elements. This usually involves setting default margins and padding to some elements to make them behave in a certain way.

For instance, paragraph (p) tags will have a margin applied to them so that each paragraph is separated by vertical white space and do not run into each other. The same applies to many other tags including heading tags (h1 etc). The problem occurs because the amount of margin (or padding) applied to these elements is not consistent across both browsers. On many occasions Mozilla/Firefox will add a top margin to the element as well as a bottom margin. IE will however only add a bottom margin. If you were then to view these two browsers side by side you would see that the alignment would be different due to the top margin applied by Mozilla which could make your design not line up as expected.

In some designs this may not be a problem but in cases where position is important, such as aligning with other elements on the page, then the design may look bad or at least not as expected.

Your best bet is to do what i do and install both browsers onto your system and viwew the website as you're building it through the 2 browsers. This was you can deal with the problems as they appear and not all at the end.
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thank you, Lady Eye and Mook. I think I will have to make some minor changes to my website so that it fits better in both the browsers.
        Lady Eye, I don't remember posting any thread regarding Emails. Maybe you mistaken???

regards,
        Shiva

Comment

Working...
        X